18

"Okay, Liv. I think you can let me go now," Clint said with a small laugh at the girl who was currently hugging him. "Yeah. You've been hugging him for the past five minutes," Natasha chuckled. Liv squeezed her friend one more time before pulling away.

"Sorry. It's just the whole mind control thing and I was so worried. I mean, it's not every day that your best friend suddenly gets hypnotized by a god before turning against you," Liv said with an awkward laugh. Clint just smiled at the girl before he pulled her in for another hug. "I know. It was weird for me too," Clint told her.

"Where's my hug? I feel left out," Natasha muttered and the two turned to see her grinning at them. Liv smiled at her other best friend before going and hugging the girl as well. "I'm really glad we aren't dead," Liv said as she pulled away from her friends so she could look at them. "Yeah, that's a positive," Clint said.

The three laughed right as Thor walked up behind them. Thor's eyes immediately landed on Liv and he couldn't help but smile at the sight of her. "Just Liv," Thor called out and the smile that adorned her face once she turned to look at him was enough to make his heart swell up.

"Thor," she greeted. Thor glanced at Clint and Natasha before giving them a smile. "Is it okay if I steal her for a minute?" Thor asked. Natasha and Clint quickly nodded and Thor gave them a grateful smile before holding a hand out for Liv.

Liv took it and began to walk away with her boyfriend but not before looking back at her two friends. Natasha had a smirk on her face while Clint made kissing faces beside her. Liv rolled her eyes at her two friends and turned back around. And right as they were walking out of the room, Clint yelled after her, "You still haven't given me my twenty bucks!"

Liv chuckled slightly and Thor looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "I'll explain it to you some other time," she assured him. Thor nodded and dragged her along down the hallway and outside onto the balcony of Stark Tower.

The two stood there in silence and that's when everything seemed to hit Liv. Thor reached out and took both of her hands in his own and she quickly looked away. "You're leaving again," Liv muttered as stared out at the city, not even daring to look at Thor.

Thor was silent as he seemed to study her. "How did you know?" he asked. Liv smiled sadly. "I overheard you talking to Fury," she replied. Thor sighed as he gripped onto her hands a little tighter. "Liv-" He whispered, but she quickly cut him off.

She finally looked at him and she felt her heart start beating faster at the sight of his stunning blue eyes staring right back at her. Liv took a deep breath before forcing a smile. "You don't need to explain anything. I understand. I just wish you didn't have to go," she told him. She let out a small yet heartbreaking laugh. "I've been waiting for you to come back and when you finally did, I only got to have you back for a day."

Thor sighed and Liv looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I'll just miss you is all," she whispered. Thor's eyes flickered over the girl's face before he pulled her arms forward and wrapped her up in a hug.

Liv instantly wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned into him while his arms were wrapped around her waist. The two stood there just holding each other in silence for a moment before Thor finally broke the silence.

"I love you."

Liv's eyes widened in shock and she gently pulled away to look at him and make sure he wasn't messing with her. He only smiled and the look he gave her spoke a thousand words. Liv felt a few tears in her eyes as she smiled at the god. "I love you too," she whispered.