5

A small smirk graced Loki's face as he looked at all of the people who were screaming and running away from him. Scared looks were thrown in his direction only making his smirk widen.

He loved the feeling their terror gave him and the fact that they were scared because of him only made it ten times better.

The crowd tried to run away, but Loki quickly stopped them by projecting multiple versions of himself around the group until they were surrounded. "Kneel before me," Loki told them, but they ignored him and backed closer to each other.

"I said," Loki started with an irritated voice. He slammed his scepter on the ground causing it and the scepters of his projections to glow. "Kneel!"

The crowd stared at him with wide eyes before slowly getting down to their knees. Loki smiled and began walking through the crowd. "Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave           subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel," Loki said.

From the middle of the crowd, an elderly man stood up. "Not to men like you," the man declared. Loki looked over at him in amusement. "There are no men like me," Loki assured him, but the man's stern look didn't falter.

"There are always men like you."

Loki stared at the man with a small smile before holding up his scepter. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example," Loki said. He sent a blast of blue energy towards the man, but before it could hit him, someone jumped in front and the blast deflected off of a red, white, and blue shield with a star shaped symbol in the center and hit Loki.

Steve lowered the shield and the crowd looked over at him in amazement while Loki scowled and got up off the ground. "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing," Steve said.

Loki's frown grew. "The soldier. A man out of time. Didn't you have someone else with you last time? A girl?" Loki asked, a small smirk appearing on his face.

Steve's hand clenched into a fist, but he chose to ignore the last part of what the god had said. "I'm not the one who's out of time," the super soldier assured him.

A jet then flew up behind Steve and Liv's voice rang out through the air. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down," Liv ordered. Loki's head turned up to the jet in amusement at the girl's voice.

It was almost as if he was looking right at her. He sent a small grin in her direction before promptly shooting a blast of blue energy towards the jet. Natasha quickly moved the jet out of the way just in time for the shot to miss them.

Natasha gained control of the jet again and Liv quickly looked out the window and down at Steve and Loki who were fighting. She watched as Loki knocked the shield out of Steve's hand before holding his scepter against his head.

"Kneel," Loki told him. "Not today!" Steve exclaimed before jumping up and kicking him in the face.

Liv's eyes trailed away from the ongoing fight and landed on the other projections of Loki that were terrorizing the citizens. "The guys all over the place," Natasha muttered.