9

Maya walked out of the room with her head held high, but as soon as the doors closed, she let out the breath she had been holding and slumped down. She hated to admit it, but what Loki had said had frightened her a little. But worse than that, it had made her angry.

Loki could threaten her all he wanted, but the moment he dragged her friends, her family, her father, into it was when his words had really gotten to her.

"Nice work, Maya," Liv said causing the girl to snap out of her thoughts. Maya gave her a small smile and Liv watched her with hesitant eyes. "You okay?" The brunette asked. Maya quickly nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm good," she told her.

Liv narrowed her eyes and went to say something, but Maya quickly cut her off before she could. "Can you bring me back to my father now?" Maya asked. Liv stared at the girl for a moment longer before shutting her mouth. It wasn't her place to confront the girl anyways. After all, they had only met like an hour ago.

Liv nodded. "Of course," she told her. Liv then guided the girl back to the lab where the two found Tony and Bruce looking at something with furrowed eyebrows.

Maya quickly ran over to her father and hugged him from the side. Tony looked down at the girl in shock before wrapping his arms around her. "Hey, kid. You okay?" He asked, but Maya remained silent and just held him tighter.

Tony's eyes immediately flickered up to Liv as he gave her a cold gaze. "What happened?" He asked. "I don't know," Liv admitted with a sigh. "But your kid did great, Stark. She got the information we needed out of him and-"

"Are you sure that's all that happened?" Tony asked, his eyes narrowing as he stared at her. Liv couldn't help but notice the way that Bruce had now stepped up and in front of Maya as he stared at her with a cold look.

"Yes?" Liv said in a questioning voice, confused as to why they were acting like this. "Cause I wouldn't be surprised if you were keeping secrets from us seeing as you have been ever since we got here," Tony said.

Maya looked up at her father in confusion while Liv gave him a confused look. "What is that supposed to mean?" Liv asked, her hands balling into fists as she tried to control her anger.

Before Tony could so much as get another word out, Fury was storming into the lab and asking, "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

Tony's eyes flickered over to the man. "Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony said. Maya let go of her father and instead decided to lean against him while he put a hand on her shoulder.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury said. Liv furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean? What is he doing?" Liv asked, but her questions were ignored.

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Bruce spoke up. "And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss," Tony told him.

There was a silence before Tony asked, "What is Phase 2?" Liv tensed up at that. That's why Tony and Bruce were mad. They found out about Phase 2.

Something slammed on the table behind them and the group turned to see Steve standing there with one of the old Hydra weapons on the table. Liv inhaled sharply. She could already tell this whole conversation was about to go downhill.