Chapter 9- The Waiting Game

I had been waiting at the hospital for 2 hours now. Everyone had come to visit, but I was the only one still there.

The doctor hadn't come back since he told me to wait. Lots of nurses and doctors had been running  in and out of his room but every time I tried to get in they wouldn't let me see him.

I just wanted to see him, I wanted to hear his voice, I wanted to know that he was okay. But most of all, I wanted to tell him that I love him and hear him tell me that everything will be okay.

I was lost in thoughts about Leon for about 40 minutes. I didn't even notice when the doctor came up to me.

"Miss Castillo."

I snapped out of my daydream.

"Yes, what?"

"You can go in and see him now, but before you do there is something you should know."

But I was already opening the door.

As soon as I was in the room, my eyes darted over  to him. he was laying there, still and pale. I felt tears prick in my eyes as I walked over to his side and placed my hand on his.

"What is wrong with him?" I asked the doctor turning to the door.

"Well, we have performed surgery on him as the crash caused more damage than we thought."

"Right."

"But, also, he is in a coma. And there is only a 20% chance he will wake up."

When the doctor said that, I felt like a ton of bricks had hit me in the stomach. 

"I'll leave you alone."

He left the room.

I sat down next to Leon and put my hand on his chest.

As much as I tried to fight it, as much as I tried to stop it I couldn't stop the tears that began to flow down my face lie a stream as I played the waiting game.