Family of Blood

"Make your decision, Mr. Smith," Jenny ordered.

Martha tried fruitlessly to rip her friend's arm off of her, but failed. "Perhaps if the human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge," Baines said.

"Wait!" Martha protested when John began to open his mouth, desperately trying to buy some time. "Wait a minute! What you said earlier. What was it? What was it? Look around here, Baines! Who's missing?"

Baines looked around, then inhaled sharply. "Time Lady," he breathed.

And the doors behind them exploded inwards.

The participants in the dance screamed, and the Family was thrown to the ground, Joan and Martha being released. Martha groaned, rolling back onto her stomach as John hurried to help Johanna, but he froze when he saw who was walking in.

Black booted feet stepped in, and Martha raised her gaze, slowly beginning to smile when she took in the black jeans the former librarian of Farringham School for Boys was wearing. Followed by the tight black camisole top covered by a black zipped jacket, and Martha's eyes widened when she saw the huge gun she held in her hands. She looked into her sharp blue eyes, clearer than Johanna Rossini's eyes had ever been, her hair tangled and wavy, but she didn't have a care in the world. This was definitely not the librarian.

This was the Bad Wolf. "Yes!" she cheered in delight. "Yes!"

The Family scrambled for their weapons, but the Bad Wolf raised her gun and fired off a single shot, blue energy flying towards them. They ducked to avoid, and the shot hit a few of the scarecrows instead. They burst into flames, and the Bad Wolf swung the gun behind her, drawing a smaller one and a glowing knife from somewhere, most likely from her pockets that were bigger on the inside, and she began firing at the scarecrows, picking them off one by one, running forward.

Baines recovered his gun first and quickly began firing back. The Bad Wolf quickly ducked, her SHIELD reflexes kicking in, and as more of the Family recovered, she was forced to duck behind one of the tables. After a few shots, and in a split second, she rolled out again, this time behind yet another table, away from the dancers. She poked her head out once and fired off a few more quick shots, hitting more of the scarecrows before her eyes widened and she ducked back quickly, barely avoiding Mr. Clark's shot at her.

"Leave her!" Baines screamed. "It is the Doctor we need!"

The Bad Wolf instantly ran out, and more fire drew to her, before she jumped, propelled herself off of one of the columns -

And completely vanished in a swirl of white gold.

"What?" Mr. Clark roared angrily, looking around.

"Ha!" Martha laughed in relief. "And now you've made her angry! What do you think about that?"

There was a white gold flare, and the Bad Wolf tackled a scarecrow to the ground. She stabbed it rather violently in the chest, and the knife glowed gold as the scarecrow exploded. Baines ran at her, but she saw him coming. She stood and disappeared again, making Baines stop in his tracks. She reappeared sliding on her knees, swiping her knife across his leg, and he roared in pain, clutching at it. She vanished again, and by now, John and Joan were nearly frozen in horror.

And then she was there, stabbing one scarecrow and shooting another, both disintegrating almost in unison. She kicked another gun over to Martha, who took it and pointed it at Jenny. "Well, that's just lovely," the Bad Wolf commented sarcastically, pointing her gun at Baines. "I wake up, and what do I get? Friends and fellow school people going insane. I repeat. Lovely."

"One more move, and I shoot," Martha threatened.

Baines chuckled. "Oh, the maid is full of fire!"