Chapter 9

Harry's POV
I finished eating my breakfast, put my plate in the sink, and returned to the table where Rylee was still eating her little fruit pieces. I'm glad I got the day off to get to know her better. I love performing and meeting my fans but sometimes I just want to have a day to myself so I can relax. Especially because it looks like it's going to rain and I hate going out on rainy days. And now that I met Rylee, I can relax with her. I don't know why people don't like tinies. Some people think that borrowers are thieves which really upsets me because borrowers need stuff to survive. Just because they take certain things doesn't mean they're thieves. It makes me sad that people would hurt these innocent little creatures. "You wanna know something Rylee?" She looked up at me. "You're actually the first borrower that I've ever met. I've always wanted to meet a borrower." I saw her blush which I found adorable. "I really hate that certain people hurt your kind for no reason. It really hurts me to see you guys suffer." I said as I noticed her tearing up a little. "I'm glad you said that because the last house I stayed at, the guy that lived there was so mean to me. He burned me on a hot skillet, tried to crush me with his bare hands, yelled at me till my ears were bleeding, and tried to eat me. I tried to commit suicide because of him." That broke my heart. My poor Rylee was hurt so badly by a big bully that nearly ruined her. "I was put in the hospital for three months." I felt so bad for what Rylee had to go through. I gently scooped her up and gave her a hug. "I'm so sorry, baby. I knew you were hurt by someone but I didn't realize how bad it was. But like I said last night, I'm here to protect you from all harm. You're my little angel and I love you." I then brought her in for a kiss. I still couldn't get over how small she is. I have big hands and whenever I hold Rylee, my hands look bigger and it's so cute.

Rylee's POV
I calmed down as soon as Harry kissed me. He's the most gentle human on earth. I love how helpful he is. I've been afraid of humans because of the last guy I was living with. Harry made me feel safe. I still get a little freaked out by his hands but in a good way. His hands are really big yet they're so soft. I love Harry so much. "Hey Harry?" I spoke. "Yes, Rylee?" He said. I then reached up so I could hug his nose. I felt him lift me up a little so I could do so. "I love you." I said as I leaned in. "I love you too, baby." I never want to lose Harry. He's so gentle and makes me feel safe.