Chapter 16

Rylee's POV
About 2 hours went by and the doctors found out what was wrong with me. Part of it was dehydration that was causing me to feel stomach pain, another part was heartbreak because of everything I've been through my whole life. "Ok, Rylee. I'm just going to ask a couple questions, ok?" I nodded after Amelia spoke. "Do you often feel lonely?" I looked up at her. "Honestly, yes. I barely had anyone by my side growing up. I didn't have any close friends. I've been hurt by so many people so it's hard for me to trust people." I told her as I started to cry. "Oh come here, sweetheart." She said as she gently scooped me up and gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Harry told me that another human abused you. No one should ever have to go through anything like that." She said as she pulled me away from her chest and set me in her palm. "But I will tell you this. You are in a better environment now. Harry loves you so much. I have never seen anyone that gentle with a borrower before." I smiled as she mentioned Harry. "It's true. I was really scared of him at first because of how big he is." I said. "Yeah. He is pretty tall. He's even a giant to me because I'm only 5ft and he's gotta be at least 6ft." I smiled at her explanation. "But I then realized how gentle he was after a few minutes. His hands are huge but they're so soft and gentle. He let's me snuggle on his chest, nuzzle his neck, cling onto his fingers. He let's me do whatever I wanted to do with the last human but the complete opposite because Harry is just so kind and loving. He basically saved my life and I love him so much." I said as I cried tears of joy.

Harry's POV
After waiting for about 2 hours, I finally saw Amelia come out with Rylee in her hand. "How is she?" I asked Amelia. "She's suffering from dehydration and heartbreak. I gave her some water not too long ago but make sure she drinks enough." She told me as she handed Rylee over to me. I was so happy to see my sweet little Rylee in my hands after a while. "And as for the heartbreak, I think you've got that covered. She just told me how much she loves you and I thought it was the sweetest and cutest thing I've ever heard." I smiled at what Amelia told me and brought Rylee into my chest for a hug. "That means a lot to me. Hearing that just makes me love her even more." I said as I looked down at Rylee as she nuzzled her head against my chest. "Rylee is very special to me. She may be very small but her heart is as big as mine. I promise to take care of her and keep her safe from harm." I said as brought her close to my face and gave her a kiss. "I'm so proud of you, Harry. I think she'll definitely appreciate everything you're doing for her." Amelia explained. "I do. He's the sweetest guy in the whole world." I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard. "Oh, Rylee. You are just so cute, you're gonna make my heart explode." We both looked back at Amelia. "Thank you so much, Amelia." I said. "No problem, Harry." I paid up front, left the hospital and got to the car while I kept Rylee safe in my hand. "I'm so proud of you Rylee. You were so brave today." I said as I gave her another kiss. "I love you, Harry." I smiled at her. "I love you, too, baby."
I then gave her a gentle hug.