•|Chapter Two|•

Cover made by Kaydee52206

Warning, triggering description/events.

____________________________________

August 22nd, 2017

It's been five days since his death. Five dreadful, long, painful days. Today is the funeral. I've been helping his mom a lot, and Seria and I have spent so much time together cooking goodies, although they didn't need any. Many neighbors brought them food.

"Autumn, honey?" My mom called trough my bedroom door before coming in. I was sitting on my bed with a picture of me and him together on the railway bridge. It's our favorite spot, or it use to be.

"We have to leave in ten minutes, are you ready?" Am I ready to put my best friend six feet under? No, no I'm not ready. I'll never be ready.

"Yes mom, I'll be out in a few." She looked at me with guilt and pain before lightly closing the door.

I took a deep breath in before putting the picture back into the nightstand drawer. I slowly got up off of my bed and walked over to my door.

We were about to pull out of the driveway when I remembered something. I quickly got out of the car mumbling, "I forgot something."

I ran into the house running into the basement. I ran over to the place where I knew it was. Gently I pulled it out from it's hiding place before walking back up the stairs and out to the car.

Once we were at the church, I couldn't help but notice all of the people from school who where their. Why are they here, they didn't even care.

I walked up to the shiny black casket, it was closed. Knowing his mom, she probably wouldn't want it to be open with a bunch of strangers milling around. Especially sense they're here.

I spotted Mrs. Kenner across the church accepting hugs from a bunch of people. I waited until she was alone, and was heading to the pews. I lightly tapped her shoulder. She turned around, once she saw it was me she lit up.

"Autumn, honey. Do you want to sit upfront with me?"

"If I could? Anyways, I was wondering...." I started.

" Yeah?"

" Could I put this into his casket?" I asked, holding the wooden box up higher for her to see.

She smiled, but it wasn't throwing me. " Of course," she responded before walking further into the church.

I walked over to the casket, and slowly lifted up the lid. I heard it was bad, but I just never thought it was this bad.

His neck was all sorts of colors from purple to blue, to black. His face was paler then normal. My vision was becoming blurry, I hurried up and opened the bottom hate of the casket and put the box down by his feet. I don't know why, but something just clicked. It's like it finally sunk in that he was gone once I cought sight of his hands. They were so skinny, had bruises, and we're all cut up.

After I gave him a kiss on the cheek, I closed the casket before walking into the service as it was beginning.

The preacher had no right saying everything he said about Brendan. He didn't even know him except from what he was told.