6

"Hey thanks for bailing on me." Ned says walking up to the work table where Peter was working.

"Yea, well, something came up," Peter says, motioning to the device on the table.

"What is that?"

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize me with it."

"Seriously?"

"Yea," Peter responds, trying to pull the glowing rock off the device.

"Awesome." Peter looks up at Ned with a 'seriously' face. "I mean, not awesome. Heh, totally uncool of that guy. So scary."

"Well look... I think it's a... power source." Peter says, disconnecting more items.

"Yeah, but its connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

"What are you losers looking at?" The boys turn around expecting to see MJ but instead see Y/n.

"Uh... nothing!" Peter says quickly sliding the device out of sight.

"Really? Cause to me..." You glance behind you and see students all over the place and quickly quieting your voice, moving closer to the boys. "To me, it looks like your looking at something that you should have called Happy about." You whisper-shout as you grab the device from the table. "Are you insane Peter?! This is alien tech. Deadly, alien tech."

"Y/n..." Peter says but you quickly continue.

"Either you call Happy or I do. And you won't like the outcome if I call him." You hold your phone out with Happy's contact up. Peter sighs and grabs your phone. His finger hovers over the call button and then suddenly hands it to you.

"Can I please just figure out what it can do? I swear I'll call Happy after." Peter looks to you with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine..." You turn and walk away before turning back. "By the way, Dad said you can come to stay up in the compound for a few days while May is out of town."

"Great! I'll pack my bag and head over Saturday morning." Peter says.

"Great. See you in class! Don't be late." You glare and Peter just smiles and nods as you walk away.

You jog up the stairs and to your locker where you grab your books. You begin walking to class when you hear your name. "Y/n!" You turn and see Liz jogging to catch up with you. "Hey, I'm having the girls from decathlon over Friday night for a sleepover. I know you can't come to the competition but I would for you to help us prepare."

"Uhm... I don't know Liz. I got a lot on my plate right now and..."

"This'll be perfect! You can take a break and relax, clear your mind. Please y/n/n. You never hang out with us much anymore." Liz pleads and you try to stay strong but...

"I'll think about it and let you know Friday morning okay?"

"Great!"

-^-^-^-^-^-

~Saturday morning~

"Hey Dad, is Peter here yet?" You ask once you reached his lab.

"No. Actually Happy just said he had to call the kid. Why don't you check up on him?" Tony answers without looking up from his project.

"Okay, thanks, daddy. By the way, Cap's shield prototype is still at the tower... want me to have Happy add it to the list of things to bring here?"

"Oh yes... I'll eventually need that. Hopefully."

As you walk out, you shoot Happy a quick text about the shield and call Peter.