10

Y/n was in her room at the compound, adjusting her dress when she heard a knock at her door and hears her dad shout through. "Hey sweetheart, I know you're still pretty upset about the ordeal with Parker but I figured we could do dinner tonight, like we used to back before all the superhero nonsense." Y/n doesn't respond, just staring at her reflection. "Y/n?" Tony opens the door and instantly sees her. "Wow, look at you..."
"Do I look okay?" Y/n asks turning around to face her dad.
"Sweetheart you look absolutely amazing. But I thought you weren't going to the dance after you and Peter..."
"Broke up? Yea... uhm... someone else asked me actually." Y/n tells him.
"Oh... well, we can do dinner another time. You have fun at the dance sweetheart." He kisses her forehead and walks to the door. "I'll have Happy wait for you out front, but don't stay out too late alright?"
"Dad, you know I'm not like that." Y/n laughs, shaking her head at her dad.
"You're a Stark. I gotta take the precautions to make sure you don't turn out like me." Tony laughs leaning against the door frame.
"Yea you were pretty bad, doesn't mean I'm just like you. You forget the other 50% of my DNA is from a badass SHIELD agent who kicked your ass the first time she met you." Y/n places her hands on her hips.
"Hey, language."
"Who are you? Steve Rogers?"
"Ha ha ha. Keep talking like that, I'll lock you in this room." Tony jokingly threatens.
"And I'll just teleport out of the room. How 'bout them apples?" Y/n joke back.
"Just go have fun. I'll see you when you get back." Tony turns to walk out and y/n calls after him.
"Hey, dad?"
"Yea princess?" He asks turning back.
"I love you." She smiles.
"I love you too." He smiles before closing the door.

"Well, look you," Flash says, walking up to the doors of the dance where y/n was waiting.
"Are we going in or not?" Y/n asks.
"Shall we?" Flash holds his arm out and y/n loops hers in his before walking inside the gymnasium. Not even five steps into the room and Flash already ditched her for his friends so y/n awkwardly stood there until she spotted Ned and MJ with a few of the other decathlon kids over by the snack table. Y/n smiles when Ned waves her over and walks towards them.
"Hey y/n, you look cute." Ned compliments her.
"Thank you, Ned." Y/n smiles adjusting her glasses that she decided to wear just in case.
"Hey Y/n  didn't know you wore glasses," MJ says.
"I actually just got them, I can see everything a lot better now that I have them." Y/n smiles.
"Y/n, did you hear? They're announcing Homecoming King and Queen earlier tonight and you're one of the top people being voted for queen."
"Who's being voted for king?" Y/n asks.
"I don't think you wanna know that," Ned says.
"Who is it?" Y/n asks a little harsher.
"Why don't you take a look at who just walked in." Ned points to the door. Y/n turns around and spots Peter standing at the door, looking around. Peter's attention stops on y/n and Ned waves while Michelle flips Peter off.
"Michelle, knock it off." Y/n glances at Peter and he smiles ather. She doesn't return the smile and turns back to Peter and Michelle. "We won't win together, everyone knows we broke up after our fight in the hallway."
"Hello? Hi everyone." The principles voice comes through the speakers as the students quiet down and move their attention towards the stage. "The time has come to announce this year's, Homecoming King and Queen." Y/n glances over and sees Peter talking to Liz.
"Hey VIRGIL." Y/n says quietly. "Activate reconnaissance hearing."
"I gotta go. I'm sorry. You don't deserve this." Peter says to Liz and begins to run off but an announcement stops him in his tracks.
"Deactivate reconnaissance hearing."
"This year's Homecoming King is... Mr. Peter Parker." Everyone turns their attention to Peter and he slowly and awkwardly moves toward the stage. The principal places the crown on Peter's head and continues on. "And the moment you all have waited for. This year's Homecoming Queen is.." The principle pauses and everyone is dead silent. "Miss Y/n Stark." Everyone starts cheering and y/n walks towards the stage, receiving her crown. Y/n and Peter stand face to face. "And now for the homecoming royalty dance."
The music picks up and y/n and Peter stand there staring at each other. "I can't do this right now," Peter says before running out of the gym, y/n runs after him the best she could in her heels.
"Peter? Peter!" Y/n finally catches up as Peter lifts a set of lockers and pulls his old suit out. Peter ignores her calls and continues on until she shouts again. "Peter Parker!" Peter turns to see her.
"I don't have time for this y/n."
"You're going after Vulture aren't you?" Y/n ask.
"Why does it matter to you?" Peter asks as he takes off his shoes and suit jacket.
"Because, Peter, every time you go after him you nearly die. And just because we aren't together anymore, it doesn't mean that..." She pauses before she continue speaking. "that I don't care about you." She says, tears lightly welling in her eyes
"Y/n," Peter walks towards her and places his hands on her upper arms. "I'm sorry about how I've been acting for the last few days. And I still care about you too but I have to go after this guy. Gotta protect the little guy remember?" Y/n looks up at him.
"At least let me go with you, Peter."
"No, I can't. I started being Spider-Man to protect you. And that's what I'm gonna do." He says before turning around and walking away, leaving y/n alone in the hallway. Y/n turns to head out of the school. No way Peter was doing this alone. Just before he turns the corner he turns back to her. "Oh, and Y/n," Y/n turns around and faces him. "I like the glasses." Y/n smiles as Peter turns and walks away. Once Peter is out of sight, her suit materializes and she runs towards the back of the school where the buses are parked. Y/n watches as Peter fights the guy Vulture sent to wait for Peter. Once Peter gets away y/n follows him, keeping her distance.
Y/n follows his Peter all the way to an abandoned warehouse. She slowly follows him in, staying in the shadows.
"Hey!" Peter says walking into an open area. "Surprised?"
"Oh, hey, Pete." The man says. Y/n glances around a beam she had made her way behind and sees one of the people she'd never suspect.
"Mr. Toomes?" Y/n whispered to herself.
"I didn't hear you come in." Mr. Toomes says to Peter.
"It's over! I've got you!" Peter shouts, walking forward.
"I gotta tell you, Pete. I really, really admire your grit. I see why Liz likes you." Peter keeps walking forward. "I do. When you first came to the house, I wasn't sure. I thought, "Really?" But I get it now." Mr. Toomes tells Peter.
"How could you do this to her?" Peter asks.
"To her? I'm not doing anything to her, Pete. I'm doing this for her." Mr. Toomes explains.
"Mmm. Yeah." Peter flicks his wrist at Mr. Toomes, trapping his hand to the table with webbing.
"Peter, you're young. You don't understand how the world works."
"Yea. But I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong." Peter tells him.
"Especially illegal alien tech weapons." Y/n says stepping out of the shadows.
"What are you...?" Peter starts but is cut off by Mr. Toomes.
"Ahhhhh the Sapphire Witch." Mr. Toomes says. "I was waiting for an Avenger to show up."
"Yea and this avenger is breaking the law trying to stop this trainee from getting himself killed and trying to stop this criminal from killing said trainee." Y/n says.
"You know, I always tried to figure out your identity. You're the only Avenger who's identity is still a secret. I already know Pete's so how about you share your's princess." Mr. Toomes says to her.
"Yea how about no." Y/n says. "You're a criminal, selling illegal alien weapons to everyday, common criminals."
"How do you think your buddy Stark paid for that Tower? Or his little toys? Those people, kids, those people up there, the rich and the powerful, they do whatever they want. People like us, like Pete and me, they don't care about us."
"You're wrong!" Y/n shouts at him.
"I'm not. We build their roads, and we fight their wars and everything but they don't care about us. And we have to pick up after them. We have to eat their table scraps. That's how it is. I know you know what I'm talking about, Peter." Y/n turns to look at Peter, hoping he realizes that Mr. Toomes is trying to fill his head with lies.
"Why are you telling me this?" Peter asks, clearly believing it.
"Because I want you to understand. And I needed a little more time to get her airborne." Instantly the Vulture wingsuit comes flying through the wall, y/n and Peter duck to the ground. The two heroes avoid the wingsuit as it keeps come around to attack them. Suddenly y/n realizes what's happening.
"Wait, wait, wait, wait! Peter!" Y/n shouts.
"Kind of busy here," Peter shouts.
"Peter, it's taking out the beams." Y/n shouts at him.
"So?"
"If it takes out the beams then the building will..." Y/n tries to say but Mr. Toomes stars talking.
"Sorry kids."
"What are you talking about? That thing hasn't even touched us yet." Peter says to him.
"That's cause he wasn't trying to Peter!" Y/n shouts.
"What?"
Suddenly the wingsuit flies through the last of the beams and the roof caves in on top of y/n and Peter. A few moments later y/n comes to, hearing Peter grunting as he frees himself from the rubble. Y/n tries to lift the rubble off of her but immediately screams in pain.
"Y/n? Y/n, where are you?"
"Peter? Over here!" Y/n shouts trying to move but only screaming from pain again.
"Y/n!" Peter says as he runs up to where she'd buried. "Can you move anything through?"
"I already tried, I can't feel my legs enough to get out." Y/n says.
"Okay I'm gonna lift and you're gonna pull yourself out okay?" Peter asks her while positioning himself to lift the cement piece above her. "Ready? Three... Two. One!" Peter lifts it up and she drag herself out. Once she's out of the way Peter sets the piece of cement down and kneels down next to her. "Are you okay? Can you move?'
"No. Peter, I'm pretty sure the bones in my legs are crushed." Y/n winces as she tries to shift herself so she can look at him.
"Okay, uhm, call you're Dad. Or Happy. Get someone out here to pick you up. I gotta go after him." Peter goes to get up but y/n pulls him back down, wincing at the sudden movement.
"Peter that is a death sentence. He'll kill you if you go after him, he's already tried and he won't stop until you're dead." Y/n tells him.
"I know, but that's what heroes do right? They stop the bad guys, even if they'll die trying." Peter escapes your grasp and shoots his webs toward a building and takes off.
"Peter? Peter!" Y/n shouts as he escapes her vision. Y/n slowly stands, holding herself up with the collapsed building pieces. "Okay y/n, you can do this." She looks up in time to see the plane that was heading towards the compound crash near the coast. "Oh no." Y/n gasps, a single hand going towards before her mouth. Then she remembers, "Peter!" Y/n finally stands on her own, and focuses on opening a portal. With the little energy and power she has, she stumbles through the portal and rolls through sand. "Oh no, Peter?" She stares at the wreckage, smoke and fire surround the area, making it difficult to make out anything. The smoke slowly clears up and y/n sees Peter lying motionless in the sand. "No, no, no no no no no! Peter!" She makes her way to Peter as quickly as she can and collapses near him. "Please Peter, wake up. Wake up. Please don't be dead, please, please. I'm sorry for lying to you the entire time we were together, about my dad, and my mom, and my superhero persona, and everything. I thought I was protecting you by keeping you of this part of my life. But then I found out about your powers and I just... I didn't want to lose you, and now here we are. Broken up, with you nearly getting yourself killed and I don't want that on my conscience. So please Peter, wake up. Please. I love you." Y/n starts crying, laying her head on his chest, as Peter starts waking up.
"Wow never thought I'd hear you say that again." Peter laughs through his mask, sitting up as y/n stares in shock.
"How much did you hear?"
"Everything after 'I didn't want to lose you.'" He pulls off his mask and lightly smiles at her before getting up. He fully stands and pulls y/n up to get her away from the area but y/n spots the Vulture coming towards them.
"Peter watch out!" Y/n pushes him out of the way, falling to the ground just as Mr. Toomes flays past. Peter starts attacking him and the two fit while y/n avoids getting hit. Suddenly y/n sees the Vulture slam Peter into the ground knocking him unconscious before dropping the teenage boy to the ground and walking towards the energy cores. "Peter. Peter, come on."
Peter suddenly comes to and looks at the Vulture. "The wingsuit is gonna explode!" Peter tries to pull the Vulture down but he's too weak.
"Time to go home, kids."
"I'm trying to save you!" Peter shouts before the Vulture cuts the web keeping him back and takes off. Suddenly the suit fails and Mr. Toomes falls to the ground and the suit explodes. Peter instantly gets up and runs toward the fire.
"No, Peter!" But its too late. Y/n sat there waiting for him to come out and suddenly he walks out carrying Mr. Toomes. "Peter, tie him up and let's go!" Y/  shout as she see sthe sirens heading towards the beach.

Peter and y/n sit at the top of a roller coaster. "How're your legs?"
"Better." Ybn says staring at the crash site. "You should probably get home before this hits the news and Aunt May thinks you're dead."
"Yea." Peter jumps down and starts to walk away before turning back. "Uh... thanks for coming to help. Even though I asked you not to." Peter shouts to her.
"It's what heroes do." Y/n laughs. "I'll see you around, Parker." Y/n looks down sadly.
"Yea, see ya." Peter leaves, leaving her alone.
Y/n sighs, before standing up, her legs still a little weak. She takes a deep breath before opening a portal into her father's lab, where he sits. Tony looks over to where it opens and sees her stumble in, landing on the ground just as the portal closes.
"Dear god, what did you do?"