11

A month later, y/n is pacing the compound while on the phone. "Listen here, I don't care what it takes. Either you find Steve Rogers or you don't get paid! It's that simple!" Y/n was waiting for a special 'package' and decided to handle a few calls while she waited. "I understand he has basically disappeared. Do your job or I'll find someone more capable." Y/n ends the call just as someone started talking to her.
"Well look at you." Y/n turns around to see none other than Peter Parker.
"Ah, Mr. Parker. We were expecting you." Y/n says, adjusting your glasses.
"Please y/n, isn't Mr. Parker a little too formal?" Peter says.
"Not at all. This is a business affair, Mr. Parker. I'm simply doing my job, therefore you are nothing more than someone who is late for his meeting!" Y/n raises her voice as she directs her attention to Happy.
"Sorry Miss Stark, it took a while to get out of the city." Happy apologizes.
"I forgive you Happy." Y/n laughs. "Now can you give me and Peter a minute." Y/n whispers to Happy and he simply nods and walks out of the room.
"You seemed to have moved up here. What's your title now, 'Miss Stark'."
"Team Leader, special ops agent. I practically run this place now Peter." Y/n tells him.
"Y/n, I'm sorry for what I put you through. I just want things to go back to normal now. I know you still love me. And I love you too, so can we please..." Peter is soon cut off by Tony Stark walking in.
"Oh, there you two are," Tony says, with Happy following close behind.
"Afternoon Dad." Y/n smiles at him.
"Hi princess. How was the ride up?" Tony looks to Happy.
"Good." Happy responds.
"Happy give me a minute with the kids," Tony says.
"Seriously?"
"Yea. I gotta talk with them." Tony continues.
"I'll be close behind."
"How about a loose follow? Alright?" Tony starts to walk away with Peter.
Y/n looks to Happy. "Boundaries are good." Y/n smiles before catching up.
Tony wraps an arm around Peter before speaking. "Sorry I took your suit. But you had it coming."
"What my dad is trying to say is that it actually was the perfect tough-love moment that you needed." Y/n interjects.
"Thank you y/n."
"Mr. Stark, I really..." Peter tries to talk but Tony keeps going.
"You screwed the pooch hard, bigtime. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies..." Tony get interrupted by y/n.
"All right, that's not your best analogy. Anyways Peter, what my dad is saying is that he was wrong about you." Y/n says stopping before a glass wall that opens up. "And perhaps with a little more mentoring," y/n continues, walking into the newly opened area. "You could be a real asset to the team."
"To the-to the team?" Peter stutters, shocked at her words.
"Yes Peter, the team." Y/n laughs. "Anyways, there's about fifty reporters behind that door."
"Real ones, not bloggers," Tony interjects.
"Yes, and where you're ready," y/n presses something on the tablet she were carrying and a display opens up, illuminating a new Spider-Man suit she and Tony had built. "Why don't you try that on?"
"And we'll introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers: Spider-Man," Tony says, moving to stand next to y/n by the suit, facing Peter.
"I... I uh..." Peter laughs, at lost for words.
"So after the press conference, Happy will show you to your room... your new quarters." Tony turns to Happy. "Where's he between? He's next to Vision? Yeah, Vision's not big on doors. It's fun. Or walls." Tony finishes.
"I wonder where he gets that, Mister I-blew-a-hole-in-the-wall-to-test-my-new-suit?" Y/n sasses towards her dad who turns to her and gives a funny face.
"Anyways, kid, you'll fit right in." Y/n glances at Peter and see his face fall and y/n knows exactly what he's about to do.
"Thank you, Mr. Stark. But I'm good."
"You're god? Good--? How are you good?" Y/n mentally facepalms. I'm surrounded by idiots, she thinks to herself.
"Well, I mean, I'd rather just stay on the ground for a little while. Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Somebody's got to look out for the little guy, right?" Y/n smiles at Peter's words.
"You're turning me down? You better think about this. Look at that." Tony points to the suit. "Look at me. Last chance. Yes or no?"
"No."
"Okay. It's kind of a Springsteeny, working-class hero vibe that I dig." Tony walks away thinking and y/n jumps in.
"Uh, Happy will take you home. Yeah?" Y/n looks at him.
"Yeah. Mind waiting in the car? I need a minute."
"Thank you, Mr. Stark," Peter says, walking up to Tony to shake his hand.
"Yes, Mr. Parker, very well," Tony says before turning away from the teenage boy.
"Have a nice trip, Mr. Parker." Y/n smiles, shaking Peter's hand.
"Thank you, Miss Stark." Peter lightly smiles at y/n before walking away. Tony closes the display case and turns to talk to y/n before Peter shouts to her and Tony. "That was a test, right? There's nobody back there?"
"Yes, you passed. All right, skedaddle there, young buck." Tony shouts back.
"Thank you, Mr. Stark," Peter shouts before leaving.
"Yea, Thank you."
"Told you he would make the right choice." Y/n says holding out her hand and Tony drops a wad of cash into her palm.
"$1,000 as promised." Tony sighs.
"Thank you." She smiles, slowly counting the cash.
Suddenly the door to the press conference opens, revealing that there are in fact reporters back there and Pepper Potts walks through. "Where's the kid?"
"He left." Happy tells her.
"Everyone's waiting!" Pepper exclaims.
"You know, he actually made a really mature choice. It just surprised the heck out of all of us." Tony defends.
"Did you guys screw this up?" Pepper asks.
"Yes." Y/n responds only for Tony to quickly follow with.
"He told the kid to wait in the car."
"Are you kidding me?" Pepper asks. "I have a room full of people in there waiting for some big announcement. What will I tell them?"
"Think of something. How about, um... Hap, you still got that ring?" Tony asks.
"Do I--? I--?"
"Actually I have it now." Y/n interjects. "I took it from Happy a few weeks ago for safe keeping." She says as the ring appears in her hand.
"I had been carrying it around since 2008." Happy says excitedly.
"Okay." Tony laughs.
"I think I can think of something better than that," Pepper says.
"Well, it would buy us a little time," Tony suggests and Pepper kisses him. "Like we need time." He mumbles into the kiss before they separate.
"I can't believe you had that in your pocket for so long before y/n had to take it from you." Pepper mumbles as she walks to the conference room.
"Want me to to get the door for you, hun?" Tony asks following her.
"I got it." Pepper enters the room and Tony follows. Y/n tosses the ring his way and he catches it as he slips through the door behind her. Before Tony leaves he gives Happy a look and closes the door.
"Go talk to him." Happy says to her.
"Him who?"
"Peter. I know you've been dying to talk to him." Happy laughs.
"Have not."
"Yep, sure. Just go talk to him." Y/n smiles at Happy before sprinting to the main door and speed walking towards the car. Peter was leaning against the car waiting for Happy.

The clicking of her heels drawing closer to him draws his attention to her. "Hey, y/n, whats..." You cut him off with a kiss, a long overdue one at that. Peter is in shock at first and as you pull away, he pulls you back into the kiss. After a few moments, you both pull away. "What was that for?"
"For everything. And to say that I'm sorry for walking when you needed me most. And that if you are still willing to, I'd like for us to start over." Y/  lightly smiles looking between Peter and the ground nervously.
Peter just smiles and picks her up, spinning her around before planting a kiss on her lips.