8

The next day y/n walked into the school, her head held high. She was going strong all the way until she was 10 feet from her locker. There, standing right beside it, was none other than Peter Parker. She took a deep breath and walked towards her locker, ignoring the stares from her ex-boyfriend.
"Hey y/n, nice glasses." Ned says when he notices her.
"Thanks Ned." Y/n responds, not turning away from her locker.
"So I was thinking we watch the fifth Star Wars this week at my house," Ned says turning back to Peter before turning to heragain. "Are you in Y/n?"
"Actually Ned... I don't think we'll be doing weekly movie nights anymore." Y/n says, facing the two boys.
"What? Why?" Ned asks.
"Ask Peter. It's his fault." Y/n says, closing her locker and walking towards her first class.

Y/n got out of school early today. More meetings with the Secretary of State to make sure she wasn't going off the books again. As she was making her way out of school, she saw Peter and Liz talking. She taps the side of the fames and VIRGIL activates.
"Good afternoon Miss Stark."
"Hi VIRGIL, I need your help with something."
"Anything," VIRGIL responds.
"See those two people over there? I need to hear what they're saying."
"Activating reconnaissance hearing."
"Hey, I just wanna apologize for the whole decathlon thing," Peter says to Liz.
"It's fine. Last week, the decathlon was the most important thing but I almost died." Liz tells him.
"I just mean that it was not cool, especially because I like you," Peter says and y/n audibly gasps, and quickly slaps a hand over her mouth.
"I know."
"She does?" Y/n whispers to herself.
"You do?" Peter asks.
"You're terrible at keeping secrets."
"You'd be surprised." Y/n and Peter say simultaneously, unbeknownst to Peter.
"But what about y/n? Peter, she's my best friend. I could never do that to her." Liz says.
"Some friend she is, she didn't even tell you." Peter sarcastically says.
"Tell me what?"
"We got into a fight, a pretty bad one. And we broke up."
"I'm sure she would have told me in her own time, she cared about you a lot, the break up must have been hard on her."
"Yea she seemed so affected by it this morning." Peter reacts. "I uh, gotta get to class. I'd say we should hang out but I'm gonna be in detention for like... ever, and I assume you already have a date to homecoming."
"Actually, I was so busy planning it, I never really got around to that part, so..." Liz tells him.
"Do you, uh, wanna go... with me?" Tears brim y/n's eyes. Peter was doing so much better with the break-up than she was. Plus, he just asked her best friend to homecoming.
"Liz would never betray me like that... would she?" Y/n thinks to herself.
"Yeah. Sure." Liz responds.
"VIRGIL, turn off reconnaissance hearing." As soon as y/n couldn't hear Peter and Liz clearly she stood from her hiding spot and walked around the corner towards the exit, which happened to be in the direction of the two people she wanted to talk to least of all.
"Oh, hey y/n." She hears Liz say and y/n turns the corner and walks straight out the exit and as far away as sh could. Y/n needed to come up with a plan to show she wasn't affected and fast.