9

The next day y/n was sitting alone in the cafeteria working on homework when the one person she least expected sat down in front of her.
"Well if it isn't the one and only Stark."
"What do you want Flash?" Y/n asks looking up from her paper.
"Well if you must know. I noticed you weren't sitting with Penis Parker today." Flash says leaning a little closer to her.
"Don't call him that."
"Why are you defending him? He's a no good cheating bastard." Flash says, glancing at Peter who was at the table behind him.
"Did you just say cheating?"
"Well, I just heard that he and Liz are going to homecoming together and the word is that Peter and Liz have been meeting up for weeks. But I guess you already know that since you dumped his sorry ass." Flash says matter-of-factly.
"Actually Flash, he broke up with me. But I'm not in the mood to talk about it." Y/n returns to her work expecting Flash to leave but he doesn't.
"Well, then let's talk about us. How about... you and I go to homecoming together?" Flash asks.
"I don't know Flash. I was..." y/n look up and see Peter sadly looking in her direction. "Actually Flash, I'd be honored if you accompanied me to the dance."
"Great. I'll pick you up at 6?" Flash asks standing from the table.
"Actually I'll meet you here. I'll be upstate with my dad and you wouldn't have time to get up there and back before the dance starts." Y/n says, still making eye contact with Peter.
"Okay, I'll see you then." Y/n snaps out of the staring contest between her and Peter and looks up at Flash.
"Yea. Bye Flash." Y/n says waving before going back to her homework.
After a few moments, another person moves up to her. "Seriously? Flash?" Y/n look up and see Peter standing above her.
"Seriously? My best friend?" Y/n sasses closing her books and placing them in her bag.
"That's diff..."
"Different? Asking my best friend to homecoming two days after we break up is different than me saying yes to attend the dance with someone who actually seems to want to go with me?"
"Exactly! Y/n you know full well Flash has bullied me since we were younger." Peter explains.
"And here I am still standing up for you against him, even after the pain you caused me." She says, standing.
"The pain I caused you?" Peter asks but y/n ignores him and starts to walk away. "What about the pain you caused me?" Y/n continues to ignore him and walks through the cafeteria and into the hallway. Peter quickly chases after you. "Y/n Stark!" Peter shouts casting the attention of everyone in the hallway.
"What Parker?" Y/n snaps, turning around to face her ex.
"How could I have caused you any pain with our break up?"
"Plain and simple Peter Parker. You ignored me, the entire way home! Then you yell at me for what my dad did..." y/n starts to give every reason but Peter interrupts.
"You called him!"
"I did what had to be done to protect you. Oh and don't forget the fact that you didn't deny that you secretly wished you were with Liz the entire time we were together!" Y/n shouts.
"How did you..." Peter asks confused.
"You're terrible at keeping secrets." She says, quoting Liz from Monday. This line triggers the memory for Peter.
"You heard everything on Monday," Peter says softly.
"And nearly every time you talked about your love for Liz to Ned." She says. "So as you can see Mr. Parker, you caused me more pain than I did you." She quickly turns around and runs off as quickly as she could.
Peter watches her go. Once she's out of view, Peter looks around at everyone who is staring at him. Once they notice he's looking at them they look away and quickly make their way to their class, leaving Peter alone in the hallway.