Chapter Seven-Runaway

Panting, heavy breathing, chest heaving, heart beating fast-you name it. Basically me right now.

I ran deep into the woods, until I reached a clearing of soft, lush, and green grass. Sure, it's pretty obvious that grass is green, but the way the sun had it's warm light illuminating the spot, it felt as if I had entered another world, one that is full of life and nature's beauty.

Probably because I did.

I stumbled to the middle and collapsed on my back. My legs can finally relax. Relief flooded through me. But worry sneaked and crept in.

What did I just do? Part of my mind wondered.

Running from home, stupid. The smart part answered.

I stared at the clear, blue sky. I hope my parents didn't find out I'm gone yet.

My eyelids started to close. Perhaps a little cat nap...

***

Waking up to a cloudy blue sky, I sat upright, my mind screaming, "WHERE IN THE WORLD AM I?!".

The memories flashed before my eyes, backwards. I blinked. This has never happened before, especially reversed.

But the memories ended at when I was staring at myself in the mirror, right before the ball.

Oh, right...

The ball. The mirror. My very crazy idea. But what type of magic?

I tested my hands, willing them to summon fire. Nothing happened. I switched to water. Nothing. After that, I tried wind. Still nothing. I tried many others off the top of my head, which was saying a lot, but nothing happened at all. Nothing I tried worked.

Footsteps crunched in the grass. At the same time, pain shot through my left leg. I looked down in time to see a snake slither away. The pain lingered, but started up my thigh. Venom.

I crumbled, my vision blurred. A shadowy figure appeared and rushed to my side.

"Oh, god, you still there?" Was the last thing I heard before I sank into darkness, dark as evil.

(A/N) Gimme a V! Gimme an O! Gimme a T! Gimme an E! What does that spell? VOTE!!!

Quiz time!

Where do you think Jenna will end up next?

a.) Back in her palace (probably involves a LOT of screaming)

b.) Village

c.) Ends up in the middle of a ceremony with the crowd chanting, "DIE!"

d.) How am I supposed to know?

Feel free to comment!