Chapter Fifteen-Protect

Ben
"So, where do you live, Jenna?" Ma asked while preparing dinner.

Jenna cocked her head to the side, and when she began to search for her quill, Ma quickly added, "I can read lips, so just mouth them."

Jenna faces her and mouthed something. Ma nodded thoughtfully, although her face is questionable.

"Ah, I see." Was all Ma said when Jenna's mouth closed and stopped moving. "We'll try to find your home. Meanwhile, why don't you just stay for a while?"

Jenna's head bobbed up and down, then when she finished with nodding her head, she mouthed something else.

"No problem!" Ma said brightly. Jenna's mouth opened and closed multiple times.

"Of course, Jenna! You're so kind to offer to help out with supper!" Jenna blushed under Ma's praise.

I chuckled at how red Jenna's adorable face had become. Ma glanced over, raising a knowing eyebrow.

"JENNA!" Carol barged in, set the basket of bread loaves down, and flung herself at Jenna, meaning to give Jenna a hug. Startled, Jenna lost her balance, toppled over, and fell to the ground. Carol clung onto her, which only added more pain to the fall, as Carol isn't light. She's not heavy either, but just about average.

"Carol!" I shouted, suddenly feeling overprotective of Jenna. "Jenna's most likely hurt because of your action! Apologize!"

Carol quickly scrambled off. "Sorry, Jenna." She said sheepishly. Jenna made an OK sign with her hand. I let out the breath I didn't know I had been holding.

I want to be able to protect Jenna, no matter the consequences.

(A/N) Hmmm...maybe votes would help?