Chapter Twentynine-Eclipse

Jenna

I'm exhausted. And we still haven't found out what my power is.

*Continue tomorrow?* I signaled at Miri, who looked as tired as I felt.

She nodded. "Off to supper!" She shouted, one hand on hip and the other using the index finger to point in the direction of her bedroom door.

*Drama Queen.* I signaled at her, playfully sticking out my tongue.

"Hey!"

I jumped up from her bed. *Let's go.*

***

"Jenna?" Miri asked over bowls of soup.

I set my spoon down. *Yes?*

"Have you wondered why you would be cursed to never speak?" Miri sips a spoonful of soup and swallows. "Like It has to do with...something they don't want you to find out."

I thought about it. Miri it right about me wondering. The reason had never occurred to me before.

*I do wonder, and that is one good reason.* I signaled and drank some soup as well.

"It could be something to do with your voice, or words." Miri seemed to be lost in thought. "Like maybe Sirens? They sing to hypnotize passing sailors."

*But then people can just stuff something in their ears.* I shook my head. *Or they just warn me.*

We continued our chatting, but I can't seem to shake off the feeling that someone's watching us. It feels like a needle pressing into my back. Or at least what I imagined it would feel like.

I held up my index finger at Miri, indicating for her to wait. I then turned to the direction my back was facing. A noise was heard and its shadow is seen.

Only a cat.

Letting out the breath I was holding, I noticed that the pure black cat had honey-colored eyes. It also had a collar, with a name tag in the shape of a silver circle, tiny amethysts around the rim.

I squinted. On the name tag, it read, "Eclipse". That's a nice name.

"Here, kitty, kitty." I heard Miri coo at the cat, breaking into my thoughts.

Eclipse ignored her and began licking his (I settled for a male) front paws. Miri and I watched the cat in silence. Eclipse suddenly got up and walked over to me. Once he was near my left leg and hissed, swiping claws over my calf. He kept scratching, and when I pulled my legs back, he jumped and continued scratching and biting, leaving crimson drops.

I clutched my leg in pain, as it burns, while Miri shouted "Scram! Bad, bad kitty!" At Eclipse.

Miri came back after shooing him out and wrapped a bandage around a now bleeding and wounded leg.

*Thanks.* I tried to smile through the pain.

"Let's get you to Ben and Carol's." Miri went out the door, and this time when she came back, a muscular boy followed.

I still like Ben better.

The boy crouched in front of me and turned around so his back is facing me. "Get on." He grunted.

I looked at Miri, who nodded, then slid onto his back, arms around his neck.

He gave me a piggyback ride through the rain.

(A/N) TRALALALALA VOTE PLZ LALA!!!