• t w e n t y - f o u r •

"i still think we should've finished reading the messages," michael huffed as he gripped the metal bar above him

the four boys were currently on a red london city bus, after a long session of googling and perhaps bordeline stalking eleana whitman. in a desperate hopeful attempt for some information, the boys skimmed the most recent messages with the hopes that they would show some indication of whereabouts eleana lived.

mikey mikey ! lisa and i are going on the london eye tomorrow

yesterday

i'm taking her as a way to cheer her up after everything that happened with george

yesterday

it's gonna be such a FUN day

yesterday

the messages had proved to be extremely useful, and michael could only hope that eleana would still be around by the time he arrived at the attraction.

there was of course, another problem.

he didn't know how he was supposed to recognise her.

"stop worrying man," ashton patted his shoulder and giggled slightly. "we're going on an adventure!"

michael wasn't as enthusiastic about this trip, a wrenching feeling inside his stomach twisting his insides with a mixture of nerves, guilt, wonder and anticipation.

would she forgive him for what he'd done?

how is she?

he hadn't read a whole years worth of messages and he felt slightly . . . empty. then again, maybe not knowing what happened to her for so long could be a good thing.

his mind drifted to alex, and he wondered if he was okay, if eleana and him were still together.

he wondered if she was still punk rock.

"fuck— dude, move!"

dozens of people left the bus, pushing past each other and shoving wildly. the boys kept their heads down, sneaking out of their hotel in a kind of major city when they were kind of famous meant that could get recognised and they maybe sort of will be in a lot of trouble.

michael looked over at luke, who was staring at the map on his phone, but it didn't look like he could really understand it.

"i think . . ." he lifted his head and looked out of the window. "i think this is our stop!"

with wide eyes, michael joined the crowd of people pushing to get off this bus. he could hear ashton yelling somewhere behind him, but his words were lost in a sea of other voices.

the platinum haired boy made it off the red bus, his focus shifting from looking for his bandmates, to the crowd around the coca cola eye. there was a queue stretching several metres, arranged to bend at odd angles and michael felt his hopes of finding eleana diminishing quite quickly.

the chances that she'd be here at the exact time he was were extremely low . . .

that, and the huge number of people crowding one of london's most famous attractions.

michael hung his head, his hands buried deep in his pockets as he walked towards a café. he fished his phone out and saw two missed calls from ashton. sighing loudly, michael held his head in his hands. his thoughts were all over the place and michael couldn't help but wonder where he'd be if he hadn't logged into his tumblr account the other night.

what he'd be doing instead, the difference in his views about 'punk rock', his appreciation for music, his ego, his self-esteem that eleana had assured so many times.

how life would be without eleana.

michael felt a headache forming and was ready to give up. hot tears were just beginning to sting his eyes when he felt a hand on his shoulder.