Chapter 10

Jennie stood at the beach admiring its beauty. There was something familiar about this scenery. The feeling of the sand against her bare feet was warm and comforting, as it was the smell of the ocean carried by the soft breeze that blew gently against her loose white dress and dark hair.

"I know this place."

"We've been here before."

Jennie recognized the voice whispering in her ear. One fast spin and she was face to face with bright chocolate eyes.

"Why are you haunting me?"

Jennie's tunnel vision lessened and more features came into her view as a charming, yet lopsided grin broke on the figure's face.

"Am I?"

Confused by the emergence of more than a pair of haunting eyes, Jennie couldn't tear her gaze from the easily identified woman standing before her. It was Lisa. By the time Jennie regained her senses Lisa started to walk away.

"Wait," Jennie called out.

Lisa turned and her eyes beckoned Jennie. An outstretched hand cemented the invitation. "Come," Lisa requested walking through a door that appeared in the middle of the beach.

Jennie's interest was peaked and she couldn't fight the urge to follow. She jogged toward the open door and crossed the threshold only to have it slam shut once she was through it.

By the time the reverberating noise echoed in her ears Jennie had been transported into an all too familiar setting of a trauma room where she was reliving her first glimpse of life slipping away in a pair of chocolate eyes.

"No! Not again," Jennie cried out and rushed forward using her bare hands to stop the blood flowing out of Lisa's chest. "Come on, you can't leave me. I saved you before, I'll save you again."

As she'd done the first time, Jennie scrambled onto the stretcher and straddled Lisa's hips. Jennie's movement was followed by an intense erotic feeling as she felt her clothes been stripped away from her body. Dazed by the desire that started in her inner center, Jennie felt cold air hit her already hardening nipples. Feeling the anticipation of passion building up set Jennie ablaze as the chill was soon replaced by the warmth of Lisa's naked body pressed beneath her own. Lisa sat up and Jennie embraced her tightly against her chest digging her nails into her brown-eyed goddess shoulders as a wave of arousal washed over her.

"What's happening to me?" Jennie whispered breathlessly against Lisa's ear.

"Don't you know?"

Chocolate eyes pierced through Jennie's soul warming her from the inside out.

"I—" A ringing sound coming from afar interrupted Jennie's line of thoughts. She chose to ignore it and kissed Lisa full on the lips.

But the ringing wouldn't stop and Lisa pulled away from their kiss.

"Aren't you gonna get that?"

"I don't want to." Jennie could feel the softness of Lisa's lips against her skin as a bout of butterfly's kisses was planted on her throat.

"It might be important."

"I don't wanna leave you." Jennie whispered struggling against heavy eyelids.

"Wherever you go, I'm at your side."

The louder the ringing grew in Jennie's ears, the more Lisa's image began to fade until it was all but a lingering essence in her mind.

Jennie mumbled incoherently as she stretched to reach her phone.

"H...hello" she greeted the caller hoarsely.