Chapter 17

Fluttering eyelids heralded Jennie's way into consciousness. She slowly stretched and welcomed a new day filled with hopes and promises. Jennie shifted under the covers thoroughly enjoying the coolness of satin sheets as she turned to hug her pillow. The all too familiar scent of sandalwood-jasmine stimulated her senses and caused an ever increasing grin to come to her face. A sultry purr rumbled deep in her throat as a familiar image came to her mind.

Lisa.

Flashbacks from the previous night aroused her libido. She released a heavy sigh of contentment as she squirmed under the memory of Lisa's lusty chocolate eyes devouring her unceremoniously. Over and over again Jennie replayed the sensation of Lisa's body pressed hard against hers while those lips paid tribute to every inch of her burning skin.

The new degrees of pleasure and satisfaction that Jennie had experienced awoken something inside of her and there was only one person to be blamed for it: Lisa.

Jennie felt like a new person. Their tryst hadn't been about sex or arousal. It was something deeper and stronger. It was something so amazing that she couldn't find any words to describe it. In a way, it had felt like coming home after a very long trip. Lisa was where she was meant to be and the Fates had proven themselves right.

Jennie stretched and yawned like a Siamese cat in its most contented manner as she groped sideways to find the missing piece of her puzzle. However, the contented purr that started deep in her chest fell silent about the time she found an empty bed beside her.

"No, it wasn't a dream." Jennie closed her eyes and lingered in the overwhelming memories. "It couldn't have been just a dream. I can still feel her inside..."

Fighting off a wave of disappointment, Jennie peered about the room, but there was no sign of Lisa. Relief washed over her when she recognized the furniture placed around the room.

Déjà Vu all over again! She smiled as her mind replayed the first time she'd been in this same room experiencing a mighty hangover after their Tequila fest.

Jennie remembered how scared she got that day after realizing she was falling for Lisa and chuckled. Climbing out of bed, Jennie donned the first thing she found, an oversized Knicks shirt, and tiptoed into the living room where she first caught sight of Lisa standing behind the kitchen counter.

Struck with awe at the extremely fit body veiled under the thin material of a sleeveless white T-shirt, Jennie leaned against the wall as she continued to admire her most recent lover.

Damn, she looks even better in the morning light.

Jennie felt her excitement building with memories of Lisa kissing a trail down her stomach and making her tremble with arousal. Lisa had been in total control of her body fulfilling every need that Jennie had or ever dreamed of. In fact, the woman she'd been fantasizing about for so long had proved to be much better than any dream Jennie had ever had.

Unable to quell the urge of her rising libido, Jennie pushed off the wall, deciding to make her presence known as she closed the gap between her and Lisa.

"That looks delicious." Jennie's carnal thought was out before she knew it in a rather sexy, hoarse voice. "And the food looks good, too."

Lisa's head snapped up in surprise. "Oh, no you don't. You're not going to spoil my surprise." Lisa pointed in the direction of the bedroom. "So, go back to bed."

"Wow, breakfast in bed..." Jennie wasn't even a little intimidated by Lisa's threatening look. She leaned against the kitchen counter and stole a grape from the plate, making a show of biting it. "I wonder if you do that for every woman you sleep with."