chapter six.

CHAPTER SIX
"REMINISCING TO WHO WE USED TO BE"

   GIL HAD NEVER SEEN A GIRL AS BEAUTIFUL as piper was

GIL HAD NEVER SEEN A GIRL AS BEAUTIFUL as piper was. her over abundance of apathy, and her perfectly full and pink lips had caused that, he decided. he listened to her laugh, and watched the cigarette smoke drift from her lips as she pumped her legs to get higher, higher, and higher on the swing she was seated on.

"come swing, gil! it's absolutely marvelous up here!" she called out, and he smiled softly.

"i don't know, doroha, you might have to come over here and make me," he winked, and piper rolled her eyes. dusk was settling, and the sun was drifting under the trees.

"oh, don't be a little wanker! come!"

"fine!" he sighed, and piper smiled. he walked over to the swing set slowly, and dropped down onto the swing beside hers. he started pumping his legs, trying to catch up with piper.

once they were going at the same speed, and were at the same height, gil spoke again.

"pipe?"

"mm?"

"who were you before?"

"before what, gil?" she asked, and they both slowed to a stop.

"before you were hurt, ya know? you had to have been a sweet little girl at some point."

"i was," she started, leaning her head back, and staring at the stars that were beginning to dot the sky. "it ended when i was about eight years old, when i caught my dad cheating on my mom."

"shit." gil glanced over at piper, who, in spite of the fact that she had just admitted to seeing her father fucking another woman, was smiling.

"i never told my mum. thought it would hurt her." piper scoffed, and shook her head. "i shoulda. the bitch deserved it."

"what'd she do?"

"when she found out about my dad on her own, she left. she left me with the man who ruined our family. she was gone for four months."gil reaches out and grabbed her hand, squeezing softly. "that when i stopped trusting my family. and everything went downhill from there." she swept her long hair behind her shoulders with her free hand, and smiled at gil. "your turn."

"when i was seven years old, my, uh, my babysitter molested me. it went on for a while, until she went off to college. i kept it in. i never told. i was scared that she would get in trouble," gil stopped, and looked over at piper. "can we sit somewhere else for this? it's kind of hard to stay still on this thing." piper nodded, and they got up, and walked towards the bench, their fingers still intertwined.

gil sat down first, and piper almost dropped down beside him, but he stopped her.

"i have a better spot for you," he said, smirking. piper looked disgusted for a moment, but she stopped. behind his smirk and playful eyes, piper knew he needed this. he needed to be close with someone. the same way she had the night before.

it was funny, really, how they had only known each other almost two days and they needed each other so much.

she slowly lowered herself into his lap, and he smiled at her softly before continuing.

"after having it sit on my chest for four years after she left, i snapped. it was my freshman year. everyone loved me, i was popular, funny, absolutely hot," he paused and winked at piper, and she playfully slapped his chest, before reaching into his pocket and grabbing his pack of cigs and a lighter. he tensed up when her fingers neared his thigh, but relaxed slowly when they pulled away. she pulled a cig from the pack and pressed it in between her lips, and lit it, taking a long drag. "and i was usually super chill," he continued. "but i heard,
i heard this guy calling a girl a slut, saying that she, she wanted a guy to rape her. i started yelling. screaming, and one thing led to another. i almost killed the kid. that's when i completely fell apart."

piper grabbed the cigarette that was resting in between her lips and turned it around. gil's lips parted slightly, and she slowly slipped the cig into his lips. she held it there for him, given his hands that had only moments ago been resting on the bench were now on her hips, and he took a drag. she pulled the cigarette away, and was about to take a drag for herself when he stopped her.

"no, i wanna try something," he muttered, and piper watched in a daze as the smoke drifted out of his lips with his words. he motioned for her to put the cigarette back in his lips, and she did so. he took a drag, but this time, he held it.

then, his hand left her hip and went to the back of her neck, her breathing quickened, and as their faces got closer and closer, their heart beats quickened.

they paused when their lips were only centimeters apart, and gil searches pipers eyes for hesitation.

he saw none.

so he pressed his lips to hers, and let the smoke drift from his lips into her mouth. he watched her shut her eyes slowly, and he did the same, reveling in the fact that he was kissing a beautiful girl. her lips began to move against his, and the feeling was almost indescribable. there was such a passion in every thing she did, and now she was using this against him.

he brought his other hand from her hip and cupped her face with both of his palms. the cigarette was long abandoned, having been put out against the wood of the bench, and thrown. pipers hands fisted into his hair, pulling slightly.

they pulled away, gasping for breath, their lips swollen. gil's hands drifted down towards her hips, and rubbed soft circles into her bones.

"you are indescribably beautiful, doroha," gil breathed out, and piper smiled softly. she pressed another soft kiss to his lips, and smiled softly, before tipping her head back and staring at the stars again.

he watched the way her hair blew in the wind, and the way her lips parted softly when gil placed his chilled hands under her shirt.

a sky full of stars, but he was looking at her.

•••

ik this moves like really fast but it'll make sense soon