chapter seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN
"LIPS LIKE HONEY"

   PIPER AND GIL WERE SILENT FOR A while

PIPER AND GIL WERE SILENT FOR A while. they stayed in their positions, piper in gils lap, gils hands on pipers hips. they held each other in a way that if someone were to see them, they would think that piper and gil were together.

after a few moments, the boy and girl met eyes, and the blonde smiled fondly.

"what are you thinking about, gil?"

"the fact that even though we've known each other two days, you feel comfortable enough to make out with me," gil paused. "and that i'm comfy enough with you to tell you what happened to me." piper smiled fondly at the boy, and pressed a small kiss to his lips once more.

"come on, gil. let's go back." piper crawled off of his lap and grabbed his hand. they began to walk back, hand in hand, passing a lit cigarette between the two of them.

the moon shone brightly on the teens, it being their only source of light in the dark. it made the night seem eerier than any other time, and the air chilled them to their bones. but with each other they feel safe, loved.

something that piper and gil had barely ever felt before.

   WHEN THEY GOT BACK TO THE CABIN, they immediately climbed into bed. they didn't take the time to change their clothes, or shower, they were simply too exhausted to do anything.

piper rested her head upon gil's chest, her eyes closed, but gil's were wide open. he stared down at her, ignoring the strain in his neck.

how could he not stare at her? or more importantly, how could he not stare at her lips, which had been on his only moments before. soon, he felt pipers breathing even out, and he knew she had fallen asleep.

but he simply couldn't.

how could she, this dark, broken girl, ever want to kiss a dirtbag like him?

it was blatantly obvious that she did it because she felt bad, but he couldn't help but try to ignore it. try to think that maybe she did it because she cared.

but no one cared, so why would she?

an hour passed. gil was still awake, fighting the urge to get up and smoke a cigarette, but he didn't want to wake her. he couldn't, not when she was this peaceful.

or so he thought.

her breathing started to quicken, and she grasped at gil's shirt, trying her hardest to find something, anything to hold onto in her sleep state.

her head began to move around, and small whimpers came out of her mouth.

the boy waited for it to stop, but it didn't. it simply got worse.

the moment he felt the first tear hit his shirt, he shook her awake, he knew that the screaming would start if he didn't. she say up, breathing heavily, looking around rapidly. gil sat up with her, trying to calm her sobs. he pulled her into his arms, and she fell against his chest, her arms wrapped around her chest.

"shh, it's okay. you're going to be okay," gil murmured into her ear, pulling back and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. when her crying didn't stop, he pulled away fully, taking in pipers tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes.

"doroha, you're going to be okay. i'm here. i'm right here."

"promise. promise me that you're never going to leave," she rasped out.

"i swear on my life." she nodded softly, looking into his eyes.

"i appreciate you."

"say appreciate again."

•••

this one is short and shitty but she cute