chapter eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT
"WESLEY"

     "PIPER, YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BELIEVE what i just suckered out of one of the younger campers," gil exclaimed, bursting into their cabin at nine p

     "PIPER, YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BELIEVE what i just suckered out of one of the younger campers," gil exclaimed, bursting into their cabin at nine p.m., after being gone for two hours.

"where've you been," she asked, pulling a pair of sweatpants on.

"i've been humoring the younger campers. and look at what one of them gave me!" he sang, grabbing pipers arm and forcefully pulled her to her bed. gil reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bag of what looked like weed.

"holy shit!" she laughed, and gil smiled at the sight of her laughing.

he pulled out two wraps, and motioned for piper to grab the magazine on the table by her bed. she handed it to him and he poured the weed onto the magazine, and laid the wraps next to it.

"you ever smoked before?" gil asked, and piper
shook her head.

"a few times," piper said, and gil smirked.

"good," he finished rolling one of them and handed it to piper. when he was done rolling his, he stood up and locked the cabin door, then led piper to the bathroom. he shut the door and cracked the window as piper hopped up on the sink, then gil sat down on the toilet.

he pulled a lighter out of his pocket and lit his joint, then piper pressed hers between her lips and leaned down, letting him light hers for her.

they both took long drags at the same time, and seemed to both have the same idea as they blew the smoke at each other. they giggled softly, and continued taking hits.

"y'know, i think this might be the most fun i've ever had," piper said seven minutes later, as gil cleaned up the weed and put the roaches in the plastic bag.

"in this shitty place?" he asked, and walked over to the closet. he tucked the small bag next to the mini fridge, then grabbed two waters from it and flopped onto pipers bed. she laid down beside him, staring at the ceiling, feeling the weed intoxicate her system.

"yeah. this shitty place is a lot better than home," she muttered, the light dancing around her eyes.

"got that right." gil turned to look at piper, and she turned to look at him, too. "doroha?"

"yes, gil?"

"what are your nightmares about?" pipers breath caught in her throat, and she swallowed hard.

"my past," she said softly, turning away from him and looking back up at the ceiling. "i used to live in london with my mother and father. when my father left, my mother was devastated. she started drinking, and doing drugs. a lot of them. she lost her job, so she started prostituting." piper knew gil was staring at her. she could feel his burning gaze, filled with sympathy, and she knew if she looked at him she wouldn't be able to keep from crying. "she got herself mixed up with some bad people. and then she... she," piper took a deep breath, and forced it out of her. "she started to sell me for my body, too."