chapter eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"WHAT'S THE ONE THING IN THE WORLD THAT MAKES YOU THE ANGRIEST?"

CHAPTER ELEVEN "WHAT'S THE ONE THING IN THE WORLD THAT MAKES YOU THE ANGRIEST?"

  "YOU'RE USELESS!" PIPER EXCLAIMED, throwing a bead at gil. they had just eaten dinner, and were now making 'friendship bracelets'. "that's the third time you've let all the beads fall off of your string!"

gil chuckled as he gathered all of the beads that hadn't fallen off of the table when his bracelet fell. "whatever," he muttered. "hey! we should make matching bracelets!"

"well at the rate you're going i'm gonna have to make them for us," piper said, setting down her third bracelet.

"how the hell are you so good at this?"

"i don't know, it's easy," she shrugged, and grabbed the lettered beads. "what should our bracelets say?"

gil looked at her. "our bracelets?"

"yes, are we not making friendship bracelets?" he blinked, then a smile spread across his face.

"can we make them say a swear word?" gil asked, his eyes big.

"of course, you child," piper laughed. "how about 'fuck'? i'll make both of them because u suck at this."

"perfect!" gil exclaimed, and piper went to work. he looked at the beads, and an idea formed in his head.

he carefully placed black and navy blue beads onto his string, then searched through the lettered beads to find what he needed.

"wrist," piper said, motioning for gil to give her his hand. she tied the string and patted it on his wrist, smiling wide. "there!"

gil looked down at it, admiring the green and gray beads she used, and the beads that spelled his favorite word, smiling wide as he felt warmth grow in his chest.

"thank you doroha," gil said, touching it lightly with his finger. "i love it."

"i knew u would." piper scrunched her nose as she worked, her tongue poking out between her lips.

gil looked down at his bracelet, the letters 'd' 'o' and 'r' already on there, and continued.

"pipe, will you tie this on my wrist?" he asked sheepishly once he had finished, grabbing it tenderly and handing it to her.

"you made one without breaking it!" she said, reading the word on the bracelet. "hey, i love this." her voice was soft, laced with disbelief.

she finished tying it, the corners of her lips turned up and locked in place. she made sure it was on as tight as possible, then went back to her own bracelet.

"thank you," gil said, admiring his new bracelets. "i'll keep them forever."

"good luck with that, this string is shit," piper said, putting the last bead on the string. "here, tie this for me."