chapter ten.

CHAPTER TEN
"IGNORANCE IS BLISS"

  THE RAIN HAD STOPPED THE NEXT morning

  THE RAIN HAD STOPPED THE NEXT morning. piper woke up early again, this time to the sound of gils snoring. she sighed contently, and looked up at gil. he looked so calm when he was asleep, like a baby, piper decided.

"gil," she whispered, rubbing his chest with her hand. "we gotta get up. it's almost eight thirty."he groaned quietly, slightly pushing piper away from him.

"no," he muttered, and piper laughed.

"come on!"she tried to get up, but instead of pushing her, gil wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tighter.

"don't wanna."

piper wrestled herself out of his grasp, ignoring gils cries of protest as she yanked the blanket off of him.

"you're so mean to me," he whined, and piper grabbed his hands, trying to pull him up.

"we're swimming today. i love swimming. so come on!" piper pulled her shirt off, eyeing gil in a way that told him to close his eyes. he did so, and piper quickly pulled on her bathing suit. "okay, you're all good now."

gil opened his eyes and just about drooled at the sight. piper was wearing a black bathing suit, and it might have seemed just simple to anyone else, but it looked amazing against her pale skin. he had never seen her in anything besides t-shirts and shorts, but now that he had, he was mesmerized.

she was absolutely breathtaking.

he got up as she pulled some clothes over her bathing suit, and got himself ready quickly.

the walk to the cafeteria was filled with laughter and conversation, pipers excitement to swim shining through her mood like a spotlight.

she all but inhaled her food, rushing gil so the could get to the meeting spot as fast as possible.

"good morning campers! that was some storm yesterday huh!" alexis exclaimed. no one said anything, and piper snickered. "are you all excited to swim today?"

still nothing. piper let a louder laugh slip and horribly disguised it as a cough.

"okay!" max said, taking over for alexis's terrible performance. "everyone go grab everything you need for the day and meet back here at ten thirty!"

"and don't forget sunscreen!" alexis yelled at the campers as they walked away, and a few campers yelled profanities at her.