Chapter 10

Merry Christmas x

Sunrise brought relief and a slight relaxation for a werewolf and an animagus who were in a park near their house in London. In pain, Remus was aided by Sirius back through the door. Usually they would wait a few hours; Wait until Remus got his strength before going back, but in a muggle neighbourhood and in a muggle park, Time wasn't really on their side. Sirius knew that his best friend would be out for a while yet and planned to collect Harry during the time he was asleep. Hesitant to leave the now fast asleep Remus, he walked into the fireplace, hoping Professor Dumbledore would have granted him access this early.
'PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORES OFFICE AT HOGWARTS'
For some reason, the flooing process caught him off guard, he coughed and spluttered as he stumbled out of the fireplace.
'Everything alright Mr Black.'
Sirius looked up to a smirking Professor Dumbledore.
'Yes Professor everything's fine' He answered, clearing soot from his face.
'Harry should be here in a minute, He's been.... telling us about the things you all do together and..'
'We really have been trying our hardest professor and i'm sorry please give us another chance it's been difficult because of the full moon and all but i promise it'll get better.'
'Stop that nonsense Mr Black, you're doing very well, better than we expected actually'
'Whats that supposed to mea....HARRY'
The young potter walked through the door that was 4 times his size with a sheepish grin on his face.
He tugged on Sirius' robes and was picked up by his godfather who lovingly squeezed him and ruffled his hair.
'Thank you 'Fessor'
'You're very welcome Harry, See you next month...Unless... Are you coming to the Christmas Eve ball?'
Harrys face lit up.
'I love balls, Moony brought me one and it was red and gold and..'
Both adults laughed and the 4 year old screwed his nose up in confusion.
'Not that kind of ball Harry, It where theres lots of food and dancing and people'
Harry was still unsure but nodded anyway.
'Im sure we can try and come for a little while'
'Alright Mr Black see you soon'
'Goodbye Professor'
'Bye 'Fessor'
**************************************

'UNC MOONY UNCLE MOONY'
'Careful Harry remember what i told you'
'Sorry Uncle Pafoo'
'Its okay, why dont you go up to your room for a little while'
He did as he was told and ran up the stairs.
Sirius could see the anguish on his best friends face and clutched his face between both of his. He was burning up. 'Moony?' And unresponsive. Sirius grabbed his wand out of his side pocket and racked his memory to try to remember the temperature checking spell from 5th Year Charms during the healing unit.
'Caliditas'
A large 40 degrees was hovering above Moonys head.
Sirius tossed his wand on the settee acroos the room and paced back and forth before settling right next to Remus, their hands joined together.

'I can't lose you'

Tears threatned to fall but he quickly hid his emotions. Sirius Black never cries. Why was he getting so upset? Did he have feelings that were more than friends? He had a flashback from in 6th year where FRank Longbottom wholeheartly asked him if he was straight or not. He shook his head and stroked the hairs from Remus' face.

A large thud brought him out of his trance and he bolted upstairs to check on Harry.

*******

Got a new laptop for christmas so i may write more often now, i have been pretty ill recently and have been unable to have access to internet since octoberish due to that but hopefully everything will get back on track x