Chapter 18

I applied to get into a Gifted and Talented Science university easter school and managed to do it but it's now been cancelled because of (yes) so that's kind of a bummer. But as long as we're all healthy that's all that matters. If anybody is struggling being alone then I'm always open to talk x

The slamming of the door downstairs roused Harry from his sleep, in shock and overall confusion he began to let out a high pitched wail that pierced through every corner of the house.

The pair didn't hesitate to run up the stairs and collect their boy in their arms, whispering words of comfort and shushing him.
Not needing a reason as to why he was crying, Sirius was overcome with a overwhelming feeling of guilt. His actions had caused Harry to cry. His Harry. Crying because of something he did. He tried to make this clear to the boy that he understood that he was wrong within his comforting words.

'Padfoot is sorry, Harry, Sorry that my words scared you, shhhhh'
Remus shot him a look of confusion, what was there to be confused about? He reached over Remus' arms and stroked the boys hair, which was damp from the sweat he broke out whilst working himself up.

At last, Harry's breaths began to slow down as he drifted into a sleep that was as peaceful as it could be, given the circumstances, and Remus lowered him into his bed and tucked his duvet with farm animals, around his small frame.

The two men walked down the stairs without a word between them, an awkward yet weirdly comfortable silence looming. It wasn't too uncharacteristic for Remus, Sirius on the other hand....

'What's up Si.' He broke the silence once again, very confused as to why it was so quiet around recently,

'My fault' Sirius mumbled in an almost embarrassed and apologetic tone.

'Huh?'

'It's my fault.' He spoke louder this time, seemingly unwilling to repeat his answer.

'What's your fault.' Remus seemed to be none the wiser as in all honesty, a good amount of things were his fault, not all of them bad.

'Harry was crying, because I shouted, that's all there is to it Re.' His face turned pink and he look on the verge of tears. Sirius doesn't cry.

Remus couldn't help himself and sat them both down on the sofa and pulled Sirius into a hug, running his fingers through his hair as he almost cried.
Comforting words left Remus' mouth before he could help them in a similar way to how he'd previously comforted Harry.

'Shhhh, it's Okay, it's Okay, i'm here, Harry's not mad, he loves you, he loves you Si, I love you.'
As soon as the last three words were said, Sirius' head bolted up from where it was was positioned on Remus' chest, his hair slightly scruffy and his eyes tear stained yet hopeful.

'What did you just say?' In disbelief that he has heard right.

'I...urm.' Remus hesitated in a poor attempt to cover what was clearly not what he had planned to say.

Their eyes met, their bodies as close as two peoples can be.

'I love you too Re.'

Another look of admiration and hope flooded both of their faces as Sirius initiated the next move and pulled Remus by his tattered t-shirt until their lips met in the middle.