3/ window

It's been two weeks since I moved in here, and I think I'm doing alright so far. I haven't called that pet shop yet, but I'm sure it's not gonna take long until I'll call there. The envelope isn't bottomless, and I don't want to starve or become homeless.
The situation with my neighbor - I still don't know his name -  is everyday still the same. Sometimes he's away for like two or three days straight, but when he comes back, he always makes it up to me, because he knows how I miss the loud music and stuff. Sarcasm, okay?

I met two of my high school friends from Detroit. We weren't really close or anything, but we've always had something to talk about. It would be nice to invite them over for a dinner or something. But not now, maybe later when I'll feel more like at home in my new apartment.

__

I woke up to the sounds of some hip-hop. I'm so sure he's doing that intentionally, just to piss me off or something. I sighed and banged my fist against the wall twice. And guess what? He did the same. He banged back twice back.

Um, really? Is this some kind of game? I was hoping for an adult and wise neighbor and I got a 10-year-old kid instead.
All the loud music started to give me a headache, so I tried my luck and banged the wall even louder.  And voila! Silence.
I closed my eyes again and tried to fall asleep.
Oh boy, I was wrong. Not even 10 seconds, and " Hit me, baby, one more time" by Britney Spears filled my ears. Probably his answer to my wall banging.

That was it. I had to get out.
I got dressed, and before I left, I've noticed a piece of paper on my little dining table. An idea popped up in my head. I took the paper, pen, and wrote down 'turn the music off or I'll hit you one more time too -T'
I left my apartment and slipped the paper underneath his door.

I chuckled at my childish behavior. I was thinking about where to go, or what to do outside.
Detroit is in the middle of Autumn now, so the weather is pretty moody. I was kinda cold, which reminded me of that I should visit mom and bring some of my winter clothes to Detroit. I hope my mom won't be a bitch about it.
Oh, she will.

I've had a brunch outside, and I met that guy again. The same one that was sitting outside a few days ago, watching me. He looks like one of those 'Rap iz life' guys. And he has the same taste in clothes as my neighbor does. I've noticed a tattoo on his forearm, it was a short word, starting with P, and there was double 'o' too.
We exchanged a few stares, but no words came out.

I came home around 5 in the afternoon. There was a paper under my door.
I picked it up.
'I wanna see you try, babygirl -M'
My heart started to beat a little bit faster.
I think I like this game.

I took a quick shower and made myself a fresh sandwich.
It feels extra lonely being here all alone.

Suddenly, I've heard some noise coming from the outside. I ran to the window to see what's going on.
Five guys and two girls were arguing. I was watching them, trying to catch their words.

"Annoying, huh?" a male voice literally scared the shit out of me. But I knew that voice. Oh, of course. My favorite neighbor has his window right next to me. He noticed how he scared me, and let out a little chuckle.
"Still better than your shitty Britney," I said, nonchalantly.
"I know you like my attention"
"Oh, I live for your attention" I rolled my eyes and watched the argue. We were silent for a few minutes.
"My name is Marshall if you were wondering" he broke the silence.
"Marshmallow what?" I was the childish one now.
"Just saying, so you can work on moaning my name later" he smirked and closed his window without any other words.

Okay, what has just happened?

And why did I like it?