16/ b-rabbit pt.1

I was running through my first aid kit as I was searching for a morning-after pill.

Nothing, nothing.

I started to panic, even tho I could just go and by myself one.

What the hell was I thinking last night?
I just wanted to apologize, and I ended up with Marshall's load somewhere up high in my stomach.
Funny.

I still don't understand it. How could I forget that I'm not on pills? It can cause me some serious problems.

Marshall left to work early in the morning, so I had the time to go buy myself the morning after pills, without any questions. I honestly don't know how would Marshall react.
No one knows.

It felt a bit embarrassing buying the pill. Yeah, I know, it happens. But you know, things like sex were always taboo in my family.

Another thing is that I should probably visit my doctor and get myself birth control pills because I don't want to risk anything. And I don't trust in any other protection, just like Marshall.

The pharmacy store isn't that far away from my apartment, which is pretty neat. There are also one little coffee shop and two pubs/bars, but since I'm not really a par-tay kind of girl, I don't have the need to visit them.

Someday, maybe.
______________
The next day..

It was morning, around 6.
Marshall was up, laying on his side, his back facing me.

My mind drifted to Evan because I knew we should go somewhere tonight.

I was thinking, and thinking, still couldn't remember.

Marshall rolled on his other side, and  I smiled the first second I saw his face.

I could see a sparkle in his baby blue eyes, even though we were surrounded by darkness.

"Thank you" Marshall mumbled softly.
"For what?"
"For taking me back. I shouldn't have lied to you"
I moved closer to him and took his hand in mine.

"I've never thought about leaving you. Not for a second. Never," I placed a soft kiss on his lips and made a little wish in my head.

Marshall pulled me into a tight and warm hug.

"You're all I ever wanted" he whispered against my neck.

I wish this moment could last forever.

We were cuddling for another hour because I had to go to work.

And that's when I remember.
I'm going to Shelter with Evan today. I didn't know if I was more excited or worried. Maybe both?
I don't really like conflicts or fighting people. Not even gonna talk about drug users and alcoholics. I've had my share with them.

Right, dad?...

"Nervous much?" Evan asked me, pointing at hands. I was tapping my fingers on the counter.
"I don't know. I mean, I'm curious and I want to know this side of Marshall. But I'm afraid that I'll see him in a different light then"
"Well yeah, like, that's possible tho. All kind of wild stuff you can think of can happen in Shelter"
I rolled my eyes, "Thanks, I feel relaxed now" I snapped at him.
"Jeez, take it easy. No one's gonna die. And, you know I'll be with you" he rubbed my back in little circles.
"Yeah, whatever"

We stopped for a pizza before we headed to Shelter because it's not good for me to be nervous and hungry at the same time.

The ride was rather silent, I was just looking outside of the window, scanning all those people around.

Detroit seems way more dangerous when it's dark, especially in this place where Shelter is.

There were many old cars parked outside, with a group of five people around every single one car. I have no idea what they were doing. Some of theme were smoking pot, some of then just chatted. I guess.

"It will be better to stay in a car for another 15 minutes. Everyone will be inside in that time so we won't drag any attention" Evan stated and I just nodded my head. I've had nothing against it.

Right when we entered, a weed, cigarette and alcohol odor slapped me in my face. It wasn't really easy for me to breath, so I couldn't really imagine how can anyone rap in there.

The place in front of the stage was crowded. A hundred of moving, sweaty bodies one next to eachother. Not really a nice thing for me.

"Hey, stay here" Evan grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the door.

"Why? I want to go to the front row, see Marshall"
"Are you serious? We are, like, incognito if you haven't noticed"
"No one knows that you are here, but everybody knows who you belong to"
I frowned, "how do they know?"
"Marshall has a name, tho. He's, like, a big guy in his 'gang' you know"

That was new.

"A gang? No, Marshall's not in some gang" I shook my head and chuckled.
"Anyway, if he's in danger, you're in danger too"  Evan shrugged and nodded his head in the direction of the stage.

I don't like this. I really don't.

An unfamiliar male voice filled my ears.

"Fasten your seatbelt cuz' this ride 's gonna be fire" he yelled into the microphone and the crowd started to whistle and scream in excitement.

"Make some fucking noise for B-Rabbit"

B-Rabbit? Who the hell would call himself that?

Oh, guess who? Marshall.  Jesus, where's your Bugs Bunny then.

My heart started to beat fast when I've seen Marshall standing on the stage.

"Don't you dare to forget about our boy, Lyckety-Splyt" the man shouted into his microphone once again, as another guy appeared on the stage.

Marshall's opponent.

"Get ready, Rabbit is unstoppable" Evan 'half yelled-half whispered' in my ear. 

Knock him out, Marshall.