6/ relapse pt. 1

4 weeks later. Marshall and I are super close now. I've been around his place for like 10 times, and he was around mine.
We have a lot of things in common.
We've kissed a few times after our first kiss, but that's all.
Nothing more, nothing less.
————

Marshall asked me out tonight, for the first time in almost two months.
I was thinking about it the whole day at work.

"In love?" Evan interrupted me from thinking.
"What? No no, just thinking"
"About?" he's curious, and I like it about him.
"This guy, Marshall. He's living next to me. We are pretty close and he asked me out yesterday"

His eyes fell on the ground, and it took him a little while to say something back.

"Oh, so what's the big deal?"
"I don't know. I guess I'm just nervous, that's all"
Evan just shrugged. "I think you'll be okay"

I was wondering why his mood changed so quickly. He was in a good mood before I told him about Marshall. I didn't think that Evan is into me before, but now I'm a bit suspicious.
We didn't really talk until the end of our shift.
And he didn't even offer me a ride home, even tho he always used to take me home by his car.
Well, not always. Many  times.

I came home around four in the afternoon, and Marshall was supposed to pick me up at six. I didn't know where he wants to take me, so I wasn't sure what to wear.
It shouldn't be a fancy and expensive dinner, and I'm totally okay with that because I'm not really into caviar, lobsters and a five thousand dollar wine. I prefer some nice pub or bar where I can hang out with friends and just have fun.

I opened my closet and started to run through all the pieces of clothes I have.

Skirt? No
Shorts? Yeah, because I want to freeeeze
High waisted skinny jeans? Good enough.
I went for jeans and crop top hoodie.
I'm not really into make-up stuff, but I'm quite good with basics.

I took a quick shower because I didn't want to smell like a pet shop. Marshall's going out with me, not some little hamster or something.

I straightened my hair because they are actually pretty curly, and I prefer to have my hair straight.

I grabbed a bottle of make-up and applied it on my face. I don't think that Marshall has ever seen me with a make-up on. I usually wear only mascara and defined brows.

All done, and I was satisfied with the result.

I was nervously tapping my fingers on the dining table, checking the time every 5 seconds.
He was officially 2 minutes late. Worst case scenarios were running through my head.
I calmed myself a bit because I was kinda overreacting. A lot.

Suddenly, a knock on the door.
Finally. I put on my winter parka and answered the door.

I checked Marshall up and down. He was wearing his blue beanie that matched his hoodie and also his baby blue eyes.

"Hey" he virtually eye fucked me. I can tell you.
"Hi, you" I smirked at him.
Marshall pulled me closer to him and kissed me. It felt so good.

We approached his car. It was a red Oldsmobile 88. Pretty old, but the interior was in a good shape.

"So where are we going?" I asked Marshall, as we left the parking lot.
"To this one bar. It's called 'Relapse' "
I chuckled. "That's pretty ironic"
"Yeah, kinda" .. "My friends are gonna be there. You okay with that?" Marshall quickly looked at me.
Was I okay with that? Not really, I was nervous as hell only because of Marshall. Now there are his friends in the game too.
"No, not at all" I smiled at him.

Marshall placed his hand on my thigh.
Going higher, and higher.

Marshall rubbed my thigh with his thumb.
"Relax, baby. They won't bite"
How in the hell did he know that I was nervous?
Like is he some kind of master in reading minds?

Marshall parked his car in the parking lot which was right next to the bar.

There were people standing outside, smoking and talking.
I always felt a bit anxious in crowded places, so I grabbed Marshall's hand, which made me feel safe.

I didn't intertwined.
Marshall did. .
We were officially holding hands.

Marshall dragged me to a room with four billiard tables.
Three guys were sitting by the round table, and two of them were sitting with their backs turned at us.

"Marshall, over here yo," one of them noticed us and called us over.
They were whispering something at eachother before we came to the table.
They turned their heads at us, and I recognized one guy very quickly. It was that guy who was watching me a few times in front of the motel, and the one I met in the fast food once.
I could tell that he recognized me as well.

"So this is Rufus" Marshall pointed at this big guy.
"Ondre" he pointed at another.
"And this is Deshaun" he pointed at that guy I already 'knew'
We greeted eachother and sat next to them.

"So who's up for some vodka?" Marshall yelled, and all the guys were all into it.

This is gonna be fun.