Chapter 6

"Draco? Sit down." He timidly takes a seat. When your parents look all stern and ask you to sit down, it's never a good thing.

"Yes, Mother?" He asks, hoping the fear wasn't detectable in his voice.

"What is going on between you and the model?" His Father demands, laying out a bunch of photos on the table. One, of them holding hands in the corridor. Another, of them laughing while sitting together at the canteen. And another one with him on Harry's bike. "This is the reason why you told the driver not to pick you up, am I right?"

"Father, I just..." Draco swallows hard. "Yes, we're dating. He's a good person. I hope you can respect my decision."

"Draco." His Mother looked disgusted. "You're dating your nude model?"

"And it's a guy." His Father adds. "A guy with no social status, no reputation to his name."

"He comes from a complicated background, sweetheart. No parents, his godfather is an ex-convict, gets into fights all the time. And he lives in a place where crime rate is the highest in this town." She says.

"I can't believe you sent someone to follow me, and to stoop so low as to research him." Draco holds back the tears. No, he wouldn't cry in front of them. Not now. "Is this what you meant by trusting me?"

"That isn't the point. The point is, you're going out with someone who doesn't suit you, someone who is just looking out for your money." His Father says coldly, his voice echoing around the entire room.

"How can you say that if him? You don't even know him. You don't unders-"

"No. Keep quiet, don't you dare talk back to me like that." He snaps. "I will not tolerate such behaviour. Such unacceptable atrocities, happening in my house!"

"I am not a child." Draco looks at him firmly, his lips firmly pressed into a thin line.

"And yet, you have no idea about making good decisions!" His Mother exclaims. "Your Father and I spoke about this. You break it off with him, first thing tomorrow. He is allowed to come over, only as your model. And we are choosing your future partner. That is not for you to decide, with such a huge impact it has our family name."

"I don't want an arranged marriage." He says. "I should have the right to choose."

"And obviously, you make terrible decisions. So we're choosing, and you're going to learn how to love her." His Father says, his tone final. Draco gets up from the chair, walking off to his room, unable to hear another word. "Good that you're heading to your room because you're grounded for the week!"

Draco slams the door shut, making sure it was loud and resounding just so his parents could hear. He locks it tightly, then wedges his dresser behind the door because he knew his parents had the keys. Then he crouched down on the ground, hugging his knees, letting the tears flow down his cheeks.

—————
"Why'd you so quiet?" Goyle asks. Someone finally dared to ask that question, after all. "You don't feel well?" Draco shakes his head, eating his food like a robot. He spent the last few weeks not talking at all, refusing to say anything to anyone.

Unless it was Harry, of course. In private, or the small talk in class. If not, nothing.

"Draco." Hermione says with a slight condescending tone. "Bottling up emotions doesn't do you any good." He looks at her, before dismissing what she said in a second.

"Come on." Pansy nudges him.

"My parents don't want us to be together." Draco murmurs.

"And you didn't tell me earlier?" Harry says.

"I don't want to break up." He makes his voice sound as even as possible, shoving another spoon of food in his mouth. "You live in a world where everything must be earned and nothing is taken for granted. I live in a world where everything is given to me, but how I use them is always closely monitored and controlled."

"There is a way out, okay? There's always a way out."

"Like giving them what they want?" Draco asks, his voice shaking. "I know how many years there are to when they decide they'll marry me off to some girl they deem worthy as their Daughter-in-law."

"Oh, Draco..." Hermione rubs his back comfortingly. The action made him feel like crying. "I'm sorry you have to go through this."

"Don't talk about it anymore." He says softly.

"Let's go out after school, okay?" Pansy tells him. "We can use Blaise's car. Big enough to fit all of us."

"Where to?" Draco asks. "My parents hired people to follow me."

"Oh, please. We'll shake them off. Trust my skills. I'm great at that." Goyle says smugly. "We're going to a dance club. Or an arcade. Or wrecking a clothing store. Something fun, you know?"

"And affordable, I hope." Ron chirps.

"I'm paying. So you can kindly shut up now." Pansy says, showing off her golden credit card. "Just got a topup!"

"Yeah, okay. Can you lend me your phone? I need to call in and tell them I can't work today." Harry says, getting 5 phones of the newest models thrown at him.

"You have plants that grow gold at home or something?" Ron gasps, admiring the electronics on the table.

"No, just fucking filthy rich." Blaise smiles. "Welcome to the rich world, guys."