Chapter 9

"Hi, Harry." A group of girls giggle, batting their eyelashes at him.

"H-hi."

"We just want to say that you're amazing at the butterfly method and congratulations for doing the school proud!" One of them says her voice annoyingly high. "Are you going for practice today?" He was barely able to give a nod when another pipes in quickly. "We're going to visit you! Look out for us, kay?"

"You don't need to..." He murmurs.

"Yes, we do. Moral support, right?" She squeaks putting several slips of paper into his hands. "And after, you can come to our party."

"Our numbers. Call us." Another girl says before they sashay off in their probably-not-in-dress-code high heels, giggling away.

"Normally, those girls come looking for me." Blaise says. "I guess they've moved on. Oh well."

"How many plus tickets did they give you?" Goyle asks, tearing through the little slips of paper.

"You can go. I have work after that." Harry tells them, crouching beside Draco who held his hand tightly.

"Your handsome looks are getting attention." He swings their interlocked arms.

"Firstly, I'm not going to the party because I have work. And secondly, I'm not training at the indoor swimming pool today, there's too many people who have claimed they're coming. Third, I really don't care about them. Promise. Actually, they annoy me. They can't even say 'butterfly stroke' right. Fourth, date after work, okay?"

"I trust you, don't worry." Draco smiles. "Are we going to the hill?"

"No. Somewhere else." Harry scoots closer to him, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "I'll bring you to your next class."

"Harry logic. Can't go to party, there's work. But there's always enough time to bring Draco out on a date." Pansy rubs her hands together, 'aww'ing. "So cute."

—————
"On my back." Harry tells him.

"What about the wheelchair?" Draco asks, climbing onto him as being told anyway.

"Yeah, we'll deal with that later. Hold tight." Then he climbs up the tall gates, smartly avoiding the barbed wires and getting to the other side. It looked the same, just vast empty land, except for some train tracks in the distance. The sky was clear, a prominent full moon but little stars.

Harry sticks his hands through the iron gates, folding the wheelchair in half and squeezing them through the gaps, letting Draco settle down and pushing him to the abandoned railways.

"When did you get to know this place?" He asks.

"Took a wrong turn once. Drove all the way to the end and I ended up here." Harry replies, letting his legs dangle down from the platform and helping Draco do the same. "I thought you might like it. It's different, more quiet from the cafe and school and city stuff, you know?"

And Harry was right. Draco liked this place. There was something about it, maybe the idea of trespassing as some sort of rebellion, or the quietness, the isolation of it all. It was beautiful in its own way. It was unlike the other railways, like it was forgotten, no litter, no graffiti on the walls, the cement dull and seemingly left unpainted. And he liked the rawness of it all.

"You like plain, simple things, don't you?" Harry asks.

"What makes you say so?"

"For a person like you to fall for someone like me, you must really like plain and simple things." He says simply. "But us, our relationship, it's getting complicated now, isn't it?"

"Yeah. Yeah, it is." Draco agrees. "But that's okay. I fall for simple, but I love complicated."

"You think you're gonna regret saying that one day?"

"I rather regret saying something I shouldn't than regret not saying something I should've. Most times, in life, we have to take risks." He looks over to Harry. "What about you?"

"I don't know. But I know that words can hurt as much as they can heal. I just hope my words come out with my originally intended meaning." He takes out a small lunchbox. "Want to munch on something?"

"Cookies?" Draco smiles in anticipation.

"From yesterday, yeah." They eat in silence, lying on the cold cement, warm in each other's arms, watching the moon. He rolls over to nuzzle Harry's shoulder, a hand entangled in his forever-messy hair.

"Harry?" He mumbles, taking in the soft scent of cinnamon and detergent on his clothes.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Harry looks at him and for a moment, their eyes lock. Draco smiles and he kisses him fervently. When they pull away, he whispered into his ear, 'I love you too'.