Chapter 14

"Tired?" Harry asks, sitting with Draco on the worn out bench, passing him a cup of green tea latte.

"Not really." They watch the sunrise for a few minutes in silence before he resumed his painting. A painting of the horizon, the sunrise and the finest details of the trees. Harry put his jacket on his shoulders, keeping him warm.

"I'm not cold." Draco says.

"I'm going for a morning swim." He smiles, his shirt already off. "Don't worry. I do it all the time." And so he watched his Boyfriend moving towards the sun with string determined strokes, deciding to add that into his painting somehow.

—————
"Are you okay?" Draco asks for the hundredth time. "Need a break?"

"It's fine." Harry bounces him up, getting a better grasp of him on his back, passing him a water bottle. "Drink up."

"You've been hiking for more than 2 hours now." He says, hugging his sweaty body.

"Yeah. Do you need to switch over?" Goyle asks, panting.

"You look like you're dying too." Crabbe mutters.

"You were the one who said we should climb the longer route because we should challenge ourselves, too." Blaise adds.

"It's er... 20 more minutes. If we keep going." Ron says, looking at the signs. In silence, they hike all the way up, giving a sigh of relief as they reached the end point.

"It's pretty here." Pansy smiles at her achievement, looking at the peaceful waterfall in the distance. Draco manages to slip off Harry's back, making it to the railings before he fell.

"I'm starting to really admire you. Like, really, really admire you." Blaise says, slinging an arm around Harry as they head to the othee side of the railings.

"For what?"

"I thought you were kidding about the whole carrying situation." He laughs breathily. "Sometimes, you know? Even when I know you're a man of your word." He just shrugs, feeling the cool wind blow through his hair.

"There's a first time for everything." He murmurs. "Right?"

"Maybe."

"You falling for the first time?" Blaise laughs at the question. "It's okay. It's my first time falling for anyone too."

"Unexpected, right? High school playboy, prince of casual sex and renowned boy of a thousand flings ends up with a crush." He laughs pathetically at himself. "No, I'm not good at feelings. She thinks she's gonna be another one of those girls I bounce to, another heart on my nice little string of broken hearts."

"You gonna tell her?" Harry asks.

"I did, when I was drunk. She thought I was hitting on her." Blaise looks down at the trees below. "I'm more fucked up than you think. You think his parents want us to be friends with him? We're the forbidden friends, too. Pansy is allowed, though."

"Well, you're rich."

"My mum moves from one guy to the next." He says softly. "It's all dirty money. Her sugar baby money. I see her getting rubbed up by those dirty old men, but what can I say, right?" He looks at him. "It's not like she minds, even. She likes the sex. She's not doing it because we need a living, because we have enough money. She's doing it because she likes the sex. She wants those grimy hands to touch her, make her feel special. Like a broken toy desiring love, you know? But they only love her on the bed.

"But what can I say, right? I'm just like her, moving from one girl to the next. People want me because of how I make them feel, not because they care about me.

"People like you not only because you're hot, you know. People like how you're honest. How you don't go after the fame when you could very well do. You're pure. Everyone wants to be Draco. To them, he is just a rich boy on a wheelchair. Everyone thought at first that you're with him for the money, but people see how you treat him, like fucking gold. That's love, and everyone wants to loved." Blaise pats him on the shoulder. "I know you're a very good person. I've never seen Draco happier before he was with you. So thank you for making him a much happier person and never giving up on him."

"If you love her, don't give up on her." Harry says. "I really hope both of you can end up together."

"Yeah. Thanks, bro. You're a nice person to talk to."

—————
"Harry..." Draco breathes into his neck, clinging onto him under the blanket.

"Mm?"

"Can I feel you?" He asks, tugging at his jumper. "Please?" Harry unzips his jumper quietly, the only sounds being their breathing in the dead of the night. Then he takes Draco's hand, putting it over his chest, over bare skin. And he let Draco touch him, the hand travelling down his ribs to his stomach to underneath the fabric on his back. Harry tugs the jumper off, then moves to pull the shirt off him. Draco gasps softly at the warm hands on his midriff, steadily moving up.

"Scared?" He shakes his head slightly, lifting his hands so the shirt would come off him. Harry hugs him, their bodies pressed together, skin against skin. He wished he could be hugged like that forever, nothing in between them.

"You must be tired. Go to sleep." Harry says, pulling the blanket around them and stroking his hair until he fell asleep.