Chapter 7

The home telephone, a phone shared by 20 people in the apartment, rings loudly, disturbing the sleep of all the tenants.

"Yes, what what?!" A cranky old woman shouts into the speaker, spitting angrily. A whole group of them gather at the living room, snorting in displeasure. A group of junkies lean against the walls while smoking a cigarette, paint peeling off the sides miserably.

"Who's the idiot looking for?" A crook demands, obviously high on crack.

"The kid! Oi, your Girlfriend woke all of us up!" The old woman hollers, annoyed. The group makes groans in displeasure, going back to their rooms while complaining with strings of profanities. Harry picks up the telephone quickly, ignoring their nasty comments.

"Sorry. Who is this?" He whispers in the speaker.

"Pansy. You okay there?" She asks.

"Those are my flatmates. Don't mind them."

"Your flatmates, bro? You sure have a hell of flat mates, I tell you." Goyle shouts into the phone.

"No, I'm serious. Don't wake them up at night." Harry says. There was a loud thud against the paper thin walls, a shrill scream and a loud moan coming right after.

"Keep it down or I'll buzz you out naked!" The old woman shouts, slamming on the door. "Prostitutes, I swear to god! You not done talking to your Girlfriend, kid? Electricity is precious, you know!"

"Sorry, Ma'am." He mutters quickly. "What is it?"

"It's Draco, okay? I know it's Christmas holidays, so you two aren't exactly meeting, but he's in trouble. At the hospital now. It's his condition acting up. I thought you should know." Pansy says, flustered and terrified and the amount of shouting while dealing with the situation at hand.

"Is it bad?" Harry asks.

"I don't know. His Mother told us. His parents are holding a meeting now, unable to go. We're rushing over." Blaise says from the steering wheel. "St. Mungo's hospital."

"Alright. I'm coming in a second." Harry slams down the phone, grabbing the keys to his bike.

When Harry arrived, everyone was already there, pacing up and down the room.

"Oh god, you're here, finally." Pansy sighs. "What's with your crazy home, goodness. We know it's bad, we just didn't know it's that bad. Like, really."

"Rental elsewhere is expensive." He explains. "It was hard to find parking, sorry."

"Yea, we just went valet. Anyway, they finished checking Draco. He's on a wheelchair now." Crabbe says.

"He's paralysed waist down?!"

"Good god, no. He just can't walk long distances, or do anything that tires him out. He has a weak heart, you know?" Goyle tells him. "It's deteriorating, his condition. I mean, it's bound to happen, but..."

"He's pretty beat up about it. So we're hoping you can do some Boyfriend magic." Pansy pushes him inside the ward. "Go, swim team boy!"

"You're nuts." He laughs closing the door behind him, looking at Draco who sat upright on the bed, looking away from the door. A wheelchair sat next to him, obviously rejected and pushed aside, considering the distance and the fact that the seat was not facing the bed at all.

"Draco." Harry sits on the bed, smoothing down his hair. At least 10 bottles, neatly labelled, lay on the bedside table, a stack of pills in aluminium packages sitting miserably in a stack beside them.

"Don't say you're sorry." He murmurs, closing his eyes. "I know you are. I feel sorry for myself, too."

"You're very beautiful when you smile, darling." He tells Draco, wiping away a fresh tear. "You're always pretty, and cute, but when you smile, you're perfect."

"I'm scared." Draco mumbles. "One day, I won't be able to walk anymore. And another day, I'll be stuck on the bed. And if I need a machine to breathe next?"

"Don't think about that." Harry cups his cheek, a drop collecting on his skin. "Focus on now."

"You have me. You have your friends, outside. And your parents, no matter what they say. They still love you a lot." He continues after a while, kissing him softly. "Of course it's scary. Illness is scary. But you know what? You've been fighting against it all your life. 17 years, Draco. That is a huge thing."

"I'll bring you outside, darling." Harry decides.

"I don't want to sit on that thing." He says at once, extremely repulsed by the idea.

"Who says you are?" Harry takes the wheelchair, sitting on it and tapping his lap. "Come here."

"That's as good as sitting on the thing." Draco sulks, doing as he was told anyway. He couldn't lie to himself, anything with Harry was better. He snaps the seat belt around their waists, wrapping Draco in a comfy blanket

"Aww... you think a wheelchair is so comfy and warm? And you think there'll be annoying hands to touch you, like that?" He tickles him on the stomach. That ends up getting a small laugh out of him. "See? You're so much cuter when you smile. You ready?"

"Yeah." So Harry manages to kick the door open, rolling both of them out of the room and leaving their friends baffled at the sight. With his surprisingly good maneuvering skills, they manage to head out into the chilly night, to the garden outside.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Draco asks.

"Why? Because the stars are beautiful tonight, like you. See, there's a part of Leo there..." he points to the small bright lights in the sky, swerving for him to see at another angle. "... and that's the Orion's Belt."

"You know your stars well." He comments.

"Of course. And there's the perfect little Draco in my arms." Harry says, making him blush. He was thankful that it was dark. At least he couldn't tell. "Come on, we're playing a game."

"What the hell is he doing?" Blaise asks Pansy as he saw them picking up 2 umbrellas from the side.

"You trust him to be full of ideas." Crabbe says, leaning against the glass window as he somehow managed to roll the wheelchair up a slope, making Draco hold the 2 umbrellas unopened, one in each arm, horizontally so they were parallel to the ground.

Harry pushes the wheelchair off the slope, letting it roll at high speed, the tips of the umbrellas smashing right into the cement wall before they do, making Draco shriek. A small laugh bubbles out of him a second later. Harry murmurs something in his ear, kissing his shoulder, making him smile.

"Again?" He asks hopefully, poking his arm. "Please?" And the wheelchair is steered back up the calmer part of the slope to his bidding.

"You see? I told you Boyfriend magic always works." Pansy says with pride.

"You make it sound like you're doing all the work." Goyle rolls his eyes. "Try rolling a fucking wheelchair up the slope."

"True. Harry makes me want to actually find a Boyfriend, you know?" She sighs.

"Hey, I'm available." Blaise winks.

"No, you infamous heartbreaker." Pansy says as another squeal comes out from Draco, Harry cheering and whooping his hands in the air right after him. "See? I need someone who will be crazy with me. It looks like fun."

"No one can be as crazy as you. That's a tall order, Miss." Goyle says before getting the middle finger and a threat to have his head bitten off.

"Hey, I offered." Blaise shrugs. "We can do shrieking in the bedroom."

"You dare." She glares at him, the hard expression soon fading when she heard their laughter and cries of joy. "Let's leave the lovebirds alone. Feels wrong to be here."