3.

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Y/n's pov.

The office cafeteria swirled with noise and activity, resembling a beehive on crack. I found myself seated with Hana and Jungkook, our little trio huddled together at a corner table. Lunch breaks were our saving grace, a temporary escape from the soul-sucking monotony of work. We seized the opportunity to shoot the breeze, exchange banter, and let loose for a while.

Lost in thought, I absentmindedly chewed on my sandwich, my mind seemingly disconnected from reality. Hana nudged me with a concerned expression etched on her face.

"Y/n, sweetheart, what's with that look?" Hana probed, her eyes filled with genuine worry.

Letting out a sigh, I briefly lifted my gaze from my plate. "I can't help but worry about who I'll be forced into marriage with."

Jungkook, engrossed in an odd combination of dipping his fries into his coffee, looked up. "Do you even know their name?"

I shook my head, a sense of uncertainty clouding my thoughts. "No, Jimin said he'd send me the details today."

As if on cue, my phone pinged, indicating the arrival of a new message. With anticipation coursing through me, I reached for my phone, knowing it was likely from Jimin, possibly containing the long-awaited details.

Before I could lay my eyes on the message, Jungkook swiftly snatched my phone from my grasp, his eyes widening in surprise as he saw the message. Hana, who was leaning beside him, couldn't help but wear a mischievous smirk.

"Damn girl. You got yourself a catch. I hope his personality is as good as his face," Hana commented, playfully taking the phone from Jungkook's still-shocked face.

Eager to see for myself, I leaned forward and extended my hand, requesting the phone from Hana. With a knowing smile, she handed it over to me.

In the midst of our conversation, Jungkook, recovering from his initial surprise, casually resumed his unique ritual of dipping his fries into coffee before taking a bite, seemingly unbothered.

So there I was, stuck between these two total weirdos, questioning my life choices and praying for a swift escape. But you know what? Screw it! Hana said this guy was hot, and who am I to question her impeccable taste? (Note: heavy sarcasm detected.)

Taking a deep breath, I unlocked my phone and opened the message. The screen illuminated, revealing Jimin's name and a preview of the text. Time seemed to stand still as I hovered my finger over the screen, contemplating the revelation about to unfold.

In that instant, the cafeteria's incessant chatter and clatter faded into the background, drowned out by the pounding of my own heart. The room felt suspended in silence, as if the universe itself held its breath, awaiting the revelation of my uncertain future.