6.

In the previous chapter the date in the contract is 2018

In the previous chapter the date in the contract is 2018. I forgot to change that to 2023. Let's just go with the flow 🥲

Chapter 6.

Y/N's pov

"Are you seriously being serious right now?" I scoffed, utterly dumbfounded as I read the godforsaken contract.

It was a one-sided monstrosity that only served Taehyung's interests, with a few measly crumbs thrown my way. Last time I checked, contracts were supposed to be mutual and fair.

"Digged up on your background a little. You are adopted and that's why you are a Lee and not Kim considering if you were Seokjin's sister you should have been Kim," Taehyung started rubbing salt on my wounds.

"What the hell do you gain from all this?" I seethed, the anger welling up inside me.

"Oh, this is just the preliminary draft. There are plenty more rules and conditions to add. Just wanted to give you a taste of what's to come," Taehyung replied nonchalantly, as if it were the most matter-of-fact thing in the world.

"I asked you what you stand to gain from this mess."

"Freedom, I suppose," Taehyung paused, disgust evident in his eyes as he looked at me.

I felt deeply offended. What had I done to deserve this? All I wanted was a chance for us to be friends, or at least live in harmony within this marriage.

Most people view arranged and forced marriages as inherently evil, but I always hoped we could start as friends and perhaps develop feelings along the way. The possibility of peace seemed utterly impossible now.

"If you wanted freedom, why the hell would you agree to marry me? Just tell your dad to call off this sham!" I argued, exasperated by his absurdity.

"Can you just ask your dad to cancel it?" He asked, as if he already knew my answer.

But before I could respond, he continued, "Exactly. It's the same for me. So, listen up, sweetheart. We're going to be married for one year, and then we're done. Understand?"

"Why just one year?" I pressed, seeking some semblance of reason.

"By that time, we'll have successfully established the project we're working on with your father. Your father forced you into this marriage because he's desperate. After a year, both sides will be financially stable, making it the perfect time for a divorce from this pathetic excuse for a marriage," Taehyung explained, yawning and giving me a lazy look, as if he couldn't wait to be rid of me.

"That sort of makes sense, but I won't sign this pile of crap!" I retorted, pushing the file back towards him.

The conditions were utterly ludicrous. How could anyone expect me to sign such an unfair contract?