15.

Chapter 15

Chapter 15.

-Y/n-

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling a warm weight on my waist. I blinked in confusion, seeing Taehyung's face inches away from mine. He was sleeping peacefully, his breath tickling my cheek. His arm was wrapped around me, holding me close to his chest. I felt a surge of panic, realizing that we were still in our work clothes. How did this happen? I tried to remember the events of the previous night, but my head throbbed painfully. I groaned, clutching my forehead. I must have had a terrible headache. Then, the memories came flooding back.

Uncle Minhoon, my parents, naga guardians and what not. I almost laughed out loud. It sounded like a plot of a bad fantasy novel. I had to think more on this.

I felt a warm flush on my cheeks, remembering how he had held me. He was so strong, yet so gentle. He had a nice side, indeed. And he was annoyingly handsome, too. His features were flawless, his skin was smooth, his lips were soft. He looked like an angel, with his calm sleeping face. I felt a sudden urge to kiss him, but I quickly suppressed it. What was I thinking?

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind. I needed to get out of his embrace. I slowly wiggled out of his grip, careful not to wake him up. I grabbed my phone, checking the time. It was 2:37 a.m. Another tiring day. I sighed, getting up from the bed. I needed to freshen up. I made my way to the washroom, hoping to find some painkillers and to freshen up. I also needed to do some research on naga guardians. I had so many questions. 

I returned to the room, feeling slightly better. I saw Taehyung still sleeping on the bed, but he looked uncomfortable. He was tossing and turning, his brow furrowed. He must be having a nightmare. I felt a pang of sympathy, wondering what he was dreaming about. I walked over to him, gently removing his blazer, tie, and socks. He relaxed a bit, his expression softening. I smiled, tucking him in with the blanket. I snapped back to reality, stopped blushing and threw the blanket over his face.

I grabbed my laptop, leaving the room. I sat on the kitchen island, opening the browser. I typed in "naga guardians" in the search bar, hoping to find something useful.

What did I even expect? There were some stories on supernatural stuff, but they were all fiction. They had nothing to do with the reality. I scrolled down, feeling frustrated. I deep down was expecting something extraordinary to pop up. Something that would explain everything. Something that would make sense. But there was nothing. Just myths and legends. And then, something caught my eye.

"Naga guardians vs lycans"

It seemed like some cliché stuff, but my life seemed more ridiculous than some post on the internet. I clicked on it, curious. It was a video, showing a fight between two groups of people. They were wearing masks and hoodies, hiding their identities. But I couldn't tell if they were human or not. They moved too fast, too agile, too powerful for a human but then again how will I know if real humans fought like that? I have never seen a real fight unless in movies. They were fighting with knives, guns, and claws. They were tearing each other apart, blood splattering everywhere. It was gruesome, horrifying, and mesmerizing.

But damn, those gangsters looked hot. There was a guy with shoulder length black hair, wearing a red jumpsuit. He was from the naga guardians, I guessed. He was fighting with a guy who had his back to the camera, wearing a black leather jacket. He was from the lycans, I assumed. They were evenly matched, exchanging blows and dodging attacks. They looked like they were from a movie, but the clips were too real and too disturbing to be from a movie. How did they escape the police, even when their faces were shown publicly on the internet, amazed me.

"I guess you are feeling so much better to ogle at some gangsters' face."

I gasped, feeling a hot breath on my ear. It was Taehyung, who had sneaked up behind me. He had woken up and followed me to the kitchen. He leaned over my shoulder, his chest pressing against my back. His voice was low and teasing, sending shivers down my spine.

"What are you doing?" he asked, looking at the laptop screen.

"Nothing much, I was just looking at the news," I lied, trying to sound casual. I didn't know why I felt so nervous, as if I had been caught doing something wrong.

"Why would you look at a news that's a few years old? That happened like two years ago," he said, pointing at the date of the video.

"Oh," I said, feeling stupid.  I didn't know how to escape his scrutinizing gaze. I didn't notice the date, I was too busy staring at the guy in the red jumpsuit.

"How are you feeling now?" he changed the topic, sensing my discomfort. I let out a huge breath, not knowing I held in my breath. He moved his hand to my forehead, checking my temperature. His touch was gentle and warm, making me melt.

"I'm feeling okay, thank you," I said, looking at him. I felt grateful, and he smiled at me, before ruffling my hair and going back into the room, leaving me a blushing mess.

I closed the browser, deciding to give up on my research. It was useless, anyway. I needed to talk my parents again. From the looks of it, to didnt look like they were lying to me.

I got up from the kitchen island, feeling restless. I walked around the apartment, looking for something to distract me. I saw a bookshelf, filled with books of various genres. I browsed through them, hoping to find something interesting. I saw a book with a familiar title. I remembered bringing in some of my own books and placing them on this shelf. I grabbed it and when I tried to open it, something fell out of the book. It was a picture of my parents. My heart clenched. I missed them so much. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, as I remembered my childhood. I remembered how happy I was with them.