Chapter 18: More Than A Spook

[Prepare for +10,000 words]

(Y/N)'s POV

[(L/N) Residence]

[(L/N) Residence]

Well, this is it. There's no avoiding it anymore. Time to face the dreading inevitable. Getting out of bed was a drag after having my blissful sleep interrupted by the screaming of the alarm clock. I woke up late again, and the only way to get to work on time is to skip breakfast. After getting a change of clothes and brushing my teeth, I slipped out the door with a deathly aura surrounding me. What type of CiRCLE punishment awaits me?

~~~~~~

Time Skip - 30 minutes

I slowly push open the glass doors, terrified for what might happen

I slowly push open the glass doors, terrified for what might happen... But no one was around. Hmm.. Sketchy... They probably want to spook or scare me...

Walking around the lobby I notice that every door is locked, meaning no one's in the rooms. So, am I the only one to show up?

(Y/N): Hellooo?! Is no one here??

I spoke too soon.

Just as I yelled that, I felt someone violently grasp my waist. I turn my head around, still being held by my attacker. Is that... Ayase?!

(Y/N): ..Ayase? What are you..??

Ayase: Just hold still!!

Right then, she covered my mouth with a white towel. The towel had some sort of odd smell. I've seen this scene too many times in movies to not know what was happening. Instantly, I knew what the smell was.

(Y/N): ..is that.. chloroform?!

She didn't say anything. In fact, she just kept the thing wrapped around my mouth, but I was beginning to slip out of her grip.

(Y/N): Ha! You do realize that chloroform takes around 10 to 15 minutes to kick in!!

I began to laugh as I broke free of her grasp. I turned around to face her, expecting another attack. Instead, she stood there... smiling.