Chapter 24: You Mean Bear Grylls?

[6002 words]

Time Skip - The Next Morning 

Aya's POV

A chilling, winter breeze lightly blew from behind me as I walked on the sidewalk. I could feel its cold touch on my bare shoulders and thighs. Maybe I should've worn leggings instead of relying on just a skirt and these knee-high boots. Fortunately, the sun is out and offers satisfying warmth for me while I make my way. 

With every step I check the number for each house. 120, 121, 122... The next one should be it. I spot the following residence that had a bright white exterior and a walkway with flat stones. Stopping in front of the path, I check the number to confirm the address. I nod to myself.

Aya: This is the place. 123 Plae Ground Stret. What an odd name for a street...

I carefully walk on the stepping stone path while trying to be careful to not trip. It may sound silly, but I have a way with misfortune. I spent a little bit too much time getting ready today to look better than usual. My hair had to look perfect for this and I wouldn't want to ruin it all by being clumsy. 

After finally arriving in front of the large, brown door, I clasped my hands together. I took a deep breath to calm down my racing heart and smiled. Reaching my arm out, I prepare to knock on the door. Just before I touch it, the door swings open and I'm face to face with (Y/N).

~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

Throwing the door open, I dash forward before immediately stopping in my tracks

Throwing the door open, I dash forward before immediately stopping in my tracks. Unexpectedly, I'm met with the pink haired idol herself. I must have startled Aya pretty bad because her eyes shot wide open as she squeaked. 

Aya: EEEK!!

She lost her balance and started to fall, however Aya fell right into my arms with her face in my chest. 

(Y/N): A-Aya! Are you okay?!

Aya: I-I'm so sorry (Y/N)!

I grabbed her arms and helped Aya back onto her own feet. 

(Y/N): It's okay. But why are you here?

Aya: I though- I mean.. I'd like to walk with you to the Talent Agency. Like.. Together... You know?

(Y/N): Uh, yeah sure. I'd like to as well, but aren't I late?

Aya: What do you mean?

Her face appeared to be confused by what I meant.

(Y/N): We were supposed to be there at 7:30. It's 7:30 right now.

Aya: Ehh?? What?!

She frantically reached into her handbag and pulled out her smartphone to check the time. As expected, the clock displayed 7:30 AM.

Aya: Oh no.. What are we gonna do?