♕three

"No!"
"Why would I follo— you wouldn't even do a group study with me."

Haneul crossed her arms. Her cousin was on her bed, all dressed up to meet his partner for the History project. Donghyuck lied flat on his stomach on her bed, his palms rested on either side of his cheeks, making a cute face to convince her.

"Pretty please with cherries on top!" He begged. "I'll treat you the pistachio ice cream you like from the cafe." He blurted instantly. Hearing the bribe, Haneul was tempted. It wasn't easy to have Donghyuck pay for things.

She made a face, the male knew he was winning. Haneul glanced at the time, it was 1:50pm, they wouldn't make it in time. "I haven't showered." She said simply, her last defense to stay.

"He can wait, N-Nana's okay with so." Donghyuck said and started pushing her into the bathroom. Haneul gave in, she had no choice and went in for a quick shower before changing into a pair of jeans shorts and a yellow blouse.

The male giddily dragged his precious cousin with him as they had her chauffeur to drive them to the cafe. Haneul was also convinced into bringing her laptop with her, as according to Donghyuck, he forgot his.

As they entered the cafe, fancy as its name. It was a very nice cafe, quiet and comfortable. Most importantly, it was a private cafe, only people with access or a membership could enter. Judging by the fancy name, only elites could ever. The velvet sofa made it a perfect place to study in serenity. Having his back against the two of them, Haneul assumed it was Jaemin as they could only see his head, his body covered by the sofa.

She didn't understand why Donghyuck was so excited for a History project, then again he was always weird. They walked around the sofa and upon reaching there, Donghyuck basically pulled Haneul to sit next to him.

The girl still confused, gave her cousin a weird look before she settled her laptop on the table and looked upfront to face Jaemin.

Only it wasn't him.

It was Lee Jeno.

Haneul was in dazed as their eyes locked. She had seen him passing by in school before so many times before, but she failed to notice how well sculpted his facade was. She paused momentarily, but realised that something wasn't in place.

What was he doing here?

The girl turned to her cousin, who was grinning like an idiot. Haneul whispered 'why is Lee Jeno here?' to her cousin but he ignored her. Moments later, the bell to the cafe rang, and another boy walked in. This time, it was Jaemin.

"See?" Donghyuck suddenly said. "Group study, have fun you two!" He exclaimed and got up, approaching Jaemin as the two sat at another table. Leaving the two of them together, in a tensed and awkward atmosphere.

Haneul took out her phone and texted Donghyuck a whole death threat, in which he only replied with kiss emojis.

Then, came silence. Neither of them had anything to do with their phones, they were simply pretending to be busy scrolling when in reality they were too shy to talk. Haneul felt gazes on her, she glanced to the side and noticed both her cousin and Jaemin were stealing glances at them.

They were enjoying this.

Haneul made a mental note to teach her cousin a lesson after this horrible day. A moment later, she heard the person in front of her clearing his throat, as he placed his phone down on the table.

"Lunch?"

It was the first time she heard his voice, he didn't sing back in the talent show, he played the guitar. However, his voice was sweet, it might sound good if he was to sing. Haneul tore her gaze from the screen and they locked eyes for a second.

She nodded her head, though late, to reply to his offer. Jeno instantly called for the waiter as the two started to make their orders. Then, the wave of silence hit again. Haneul was thinking of thousands of ways to start a conversation, but her brain froze. She couldn't understand why she was so tensed up with boys.

"Lee Jeno, but please just call me Jeno." He said out of the blue and Haneul raised an eyebrow, it was as if he knew something. "Hyuck told me you mentioned my name as Lee Jeno, which is too formal." He chuckled slightly.

At the statement, Haneul flushed from embarrassment, that brat really freaking exposed me, she thought. She extended a hand, "Haneul. Hyuck calls me Han, Hani or whatever he wants, feel free to do so too." She said.

As the two touch hands, the tiny skinship made sent currents down their spines, but none dared to say anything. "I didn't know you come here often." He said out of the blue, to not kill the vibe they magically managed to create.

"I never, Donghyuck dragged me into this." Haneul replied, their small moment was saved when the waiter served them drinks. With this, it felt much more comfortable to chat. "I have a hunch that Hyuck knows you come here often, so he did this to us." Haneul stated and glanced at the two seated at the table next to hers, which Hyuck and Jaemin quickly looked away.

Jeno chuckled at his two friends, he took a sip from his drink. "This is my first time here, but Jaemin and Donghyuck loves this place very much." He said, which was now awfully strange. Things weren't adding up? Was it pure coincidence that he was here, or did Donghyuck planned this with him.

"It's fine though, I'm not mad or anything but Hyuck's a different case." She joked. However, this time Jeno had his eyebrows slightly creased. Things weren't adding up for him now. He took out his phone, took a glance at the screen then his eyes shifted back to her.

He smiled slightly, "It's true, I came here because of you." He said and paused. Haneul was trying to digest what he was trying to tell her. Because of me? She couldn't fathom. "What?" She asked, literally clueless.

"This wasn't you?" He showed a message to her, a message she sent, Donghyuck told her to. "I was confused why you mentioned Donghyuck, but I figured out to ask you today." He added. "Oh my God." Haneul sighed.

Jeno was unsettled, he thought he might've made a mistake. "Were we... set up?" He asked. Haneul felt bad for him, this was all stupid Donghyuck and Jaemin's idea. She was going to kill them both, it didn't matter that she barely knew Jaemin.

"No, it was me." She smiled slightly. The food came, they decided to have lunch first before continuing with the project. In the end, hours went by and they could barely start on any topic. They spent most of the times browsing and chatting.

For the first time, it wasn't that suffocating for Haneul to actually speak to another boy. Her cousin on the other side, was grinning from ear to ear as he came by their table, he was quite delighted the fact that the two were fine together.

〚 王 〛
🐾 i love jeno so much i want to die
pls, he must be stopped

〚 王 〛🐾 i love jeno so much i want to diepls, he must be stopped