♕six

"Boyfriend?"

Haneul raised her eyebrows as she took a seat across her partner. Haneul followed his eyes which led to where Jaehyun and her parted, which only concluded on how to make his question understandable...

"Oh, no." She shook her head, her eyebrows creased. "We just met." She said. "He helped me out from a stalker." The girl added in which Jeno nodded his head. "Did I keep you waiting?" She asked, quickly switching topics and also worried that she might've been stuck in her daydream to even remember what she scheduled.

Jeno shook his head with a small smile. "I just came, had a hard time trying to escape from the boys." He added. The two started browsing through their laptops as they have yet decided on a topic for their project.

"Are you... and Donghyuck fighting?" He asked out of the blue, unsurely. Haneul chuckled at the assumption. She recalled how she stormed away from her cousin's touch a few days ago when they met unexpectedly.

Now, she wondered. Did it really seem that she was angry with him? She knew that Hyuck wouldn't take it personally but she didn't expect for Jeno and the rest to notice it as well. Again, she found herself chuckling.

The girl shook her head. "Did it really seem that way?" She asked and Jeno nodded his head without hesitation. "I joke with him like that, we're fine." She added. "Really?" Jeno questioned. "I thought you two got into a fight because he tried to set you up with me." He said and now, Haneul felt stupid.

She was so casual about being angry with Donghyuck, she didn't think that Jeno would be affected as well. Goddammit, Haneul.

"Oh God, no!" She exclaimed a little too loud until she realised eyes on her. "Jeno," she paused, realising what she did. It was her first time calling him by his name. The named boy realised it too, he felt his heart skid when his name was mentioned. This was supposed to be something normal, the two were making it a big fuss.

The boy blinked. "Erm, I..." Haneul was suddenly speechless. "I'm not mad honestly." She finally said. "I'm just doing this so Hyuck would treat me ice cream. You know how cheap he can be." She said. It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the truth either. Certainly, she wasn't angry at him or Jeno.

〚 王 〛

They were finally done for the day, the had successfully came up with a topic to research on; monarchy. Though they couldn't decide between the first king or the great general, but at least they had progress.

Haneul's phone dinged and she received a text from her sister which stated that she won't be able to pick her up. Obviously her father was on his way back from home and her chauffeur was still out with her mother. The thought of walking alone again terrified her.

Damn, I should've asked for Jaehyun's number. She thought to herself, but obviously she wouldn't have the courage anyway. Haneul wasn't cheap, it'd be hard to find her speak to any other boys. Opening up to Jeno wasn't a choice she had, but she couldn't say she regret either.

"Where's your car?" Jeno asked, offering to assist her to her vehicle. Haneul was debating on should she lie or should she use his help. "I think I'll walk." She replied honestly. She knew Jeno would offer her a ride with his chauffeur but Haneul couldn't bear be seen inside another family's vehicle.

Haneul bid him goodbye and walked the other way, she was too embarrassed to ask for his company. She didn't want to burden him so she decided to square up and walk as fast as she could to avoid further danger.