♕eight

Eight days.

That had been exactly the number of days the two had constantly see one another. Slowly, they were opening doors to each other, they were starting to get to know themselves better. The best part? No one was there to interfere.

"You know, I think we can't proceed with the king as our main character." Jeno voiced out, he spun his laptop around to show the girl. Haneul read the sentences he highlighted. It showed how much of a flaw it could bring to their discussion.

She pouted unknowingly. "Besides, I overheard the boys and Yangyang seemed to have picked the late king as well." He said.

Haneul averted her gaze from his screen and back to her laptop only to find a dark screen. She tapped the spacebar a few times but nothing came up; the battery failed her.

"Uh, no!" She exclaimed a little too dramatic, earning glares from some people around her. "I have a charger." Jeno spoke, luckily they used the same brand. However, to power up her device, the plug was located on the wall behind Jeno.

Haneul got up from her seat and sat next to the boy, plugging her laptop to charge. "You can use mine though, in the mean time." Jeno said which the girl gladly accepted.

The two started to get busy again searching for anything interesting for them to work on. A tragic love story, a royal betrayal, anything unique that is.

"A love story sounds plausible." Jeno voiced out which then the girl chuckled.

"Of what? Princes and princesses?" She asked, her eyes fixed on the screen as she typed in his suggestion. "What are you, seven?" She laughed at her own remark, but the boy couldn't help grinning as well as he looked at the screen.

His gaze went over from the screen and towards the girl seated next to him. He didn't notice that he was already sitting so close to her, instead, he realised that her hair fell down to her fingers on the keyboard.

She had long and silky hair, it looked quite a bothersome to her view of the screen as well. Jeno didn't think much when his hand went over to touch her hair and tucked it behind her ear.

He confirmed a theory, her hair was indeed smooth at the touch of his fingers. As he tucked the strands behind her ear, it revealed her face that he could clearly see her ceased eyebrows and how serious she actually was in typing.

However, he soon realised what he had done when the girl turned to face him. Both eyes rounded, they found themselves staring at one another until Jeno cleared his throat and quickly moved away first.

His heart was racing and so was hers. He didn't know what came into mind but it was as if he was caught under a spell.

"Um, did you find anything?" He was certainly fast to change the topic, he didn't want them to become awkward. He felt entirely embarrassed for what he had done. He was simply doing it out of kindness but what if she didn't think the same?

Haneul looked at the screen and kept touching her hair that is tucked behind her ear, the one he did for her. "N-Not much." She said and pushed the laptop to his side.

There were results, names of various crown princes and princesses.

"Oh!"

Haneul exclaimed too loudly for the second time and she quickly hid behind the screen when people turned to glare at her, in which her actions caused the boy next to her to break into a smile.

The girl looked up slowly and straightened her back. "Look," she half whispered. "There was a prince named Jeno." She pointed to one of the search results.

As he read the similar name, Jeno broke into a grin. "That's actually amazing." He commented. The two went into digging for the prince's past but they found nothing interesting, only that he died in a war.

Though it was cool that Jeno shared the same name with him, but they couldn't find much to write about the prince. In the end, they had to pick another character.

〚 王 〛

"Back already?"

Haein asked, this time she wasn't sitting in a bunch of scattered papers and her laptop. Haneul was quite surprised to find her seated in the living room, watching television, alone.

The girl approached her sister. "Did you and Johnny fight or something?" She asked, taking a seat next to her sister. "Psh, no." The elder smiled. "I'm waiting for him to get home." She replied in which the younger one nodded, that was also a logical explanation.

Haneul was too lazy to walk up to her room, she decided to lay down on the sofa, enjoying whatever movie her sister was watching.

"How's the project going?" Her sister shot the usual question anyone would if they had no idea what to ask her. "Exhausting." Haneul sighed. "Why so? I thought you two were almost halfway." The elder one asked.

Being the youngest, Haneul was quite childish with her sister. The only way of affection she could ever get from an older family. "There were too many flaws we found in the previous one and Jeno said someone else were working on the same topic as ours." The girl started.

"— and the only thing we managed to find was the fact that there was a prince named Jeno but he died in war and that was all we know." Haneul sighed and dramatically lied down again.

"Oh, did I mention we had to start all over? I bet Jeno is already working on it." The girl sighed yet again.

The sister was quiet for a while, thinking of a way to help her sister. "Is the prince's name Jung Jeno?" She asked and in an instant the younger one sat up to face her sister.

Haneul's eyes were sparkling of hope. "You know, he holds an interesting story." The girl said. "Continue." Haneul tried to act cool. "He had a lover, who was betrothed to his brother if I'm not mistaken but I can barely remember their names." Haein said.

"And he didn't die from the war, he was suffering a disease. The sad part was that, the people believed that the two still loved one another even when they didn't end up with each other. A tragic love story indeed."

Haneul was really interested in her sister's job this time. "Where and how do I know more?" She asked, of course her sister would know these kind of stories. The stories put up on the internet are rarely the truth.

She realised how lucky she was to have someone like Haein as her sister. Maybe her job was something cool after all. "I think I have a record of so, I did a research on their tale a few years ago." Haein said.

"I'll get it for you at the office tomorrow." The elder one smiled. "In the mean time, you should tell your prince that there's nothing to worry about." Certainly, she wouldn't forget to tease.

〚 王 〛
🐾 nows the time where i changed
jaehyun's name in promise as yoon oh
so yea, theyd be a different ((but same))
person u get me?
*sweats nervously*