♕eleven

Donghyuck spun the pen between his fingers, his eyes were on the paper but his mind was somewhere else. He kept glancing at his phone if that was any of a help.

"This is weird."

He mentioned, and this time it triggered his friend. Jaemin pulled his lips into a thin line, pushed his laptop aside and rested his chin on his palm. "What's weird? You've been saying that for twelve times already." He said.

"You counted?" Donghyuck asked. "I assumed." Jaemin replied with a straight face. However still, he waited for his partner to reply to the question he previously asked.

Donghyuck was making low hissing sounds, as if he was unsure if it was something to be mentioned or not. "Don't you think..." he paused. "—nevermind." He quickly shook the thought off.

This, was very much to Jaemin's dislike. He hated it when people don't finish their words. "No, you started it. Finish that sentence." He crossed his arms leaving his friend no choice.

"Don't you think Hani and Jeno had been going out too much?"

"There it is." Jaemin nodded, he too noticed the same thing. Everyone did. The two would simply turn down hang outs, ended up staying together in the libraries for hours.

According to Yangyang, who 'coincidentally' happened to be there a few times; he reported that the two seemed like they've known each other for years. They were growing awfully close which was a huge surprised as the two never uttered a word to one another after going to the same school for 4 years.

Jaemin hummed and nodded in the most dramatic way. "There's something fishy indeed." He wiggled his eyebrows. Donghyuck stared at him for a moment, only to realise what he was indicating.

"No...no!" Donghyuck suddenly stood up. "That can't be. They can't— Hani's—"

"I'm what?"

The named girl had an eyebrow raised as she looked at her cousin. Her eyes drifted from him as he seemed to not be giving any response and landed on Jaemin. The guy had his chin rested on one palm as he raised the other to wave at her.

He surely had a smile that was enough to make girls fall for him, but of course, Haneul took no interest in that part.

"You were saying?" She asked but Donghyuck looked away and sat down instead, the girl took the seat next to him naturally. "Nothing." Donghyuck stuck out his tongue, trying to mask his racing heart as he was almost caught talking about her.

Haneul made a suspicious face before dismissing him. The three were in a cafe, the group formed by them was an odd scene, they had never hanged out together before. It was always two of the three, never Jaemin and Haneul at one table.

There was an awkward silence at first, the two boys eyeing one another as if sending signals and Haneul oblivious about it. "Someone's finally off her book." Her cousin commented.

"Not sure if it's a compliment but thanks. I finished my research." She smiled cynically. "You're done with the project?" Donghyuck exclaimed, a little too excited.

"That means you can sleep at my house for movie nights, right?" The boy asked, sounded like he was pleading somehow. Haneul noticed his expression and couldn't help but to realise that she hadn't been hanging out with him ever since summer started.

"It's tonight?" She asked unknowingly. The girl took out her phone to look at the date. On the 17th, just like they would always do and it was the 17th today.

She didn't want to turn him down but the truth is, she hasn't completed the project yet. She just finished reading and that tonight was supposed to be the time where she'd do storytelling to Jeno everything.

The girl was uneasy, she couldn't turn down any sides, it'd be unfair. She wanted to hit herself for forgetting important things like this. Haneul was silent for a while, the boys had their eyes on her.

"Can we invite others then? The more the merrier, no?"

She asked, while her cousin had a slightly disbelieved look. Haneul turned him down when he offered to invite Lula and Jeno before because she said it was their thing but now she was suggesting it.

"You want to ...invite...others...?" Donghyuck asked again as he search for his cousin's eyes. Jaemin kept quiet the whole time, he was taking interest in the sudden change of character of the two.

For once, he enjoyed a family conflict. He was eyeing them the whole time with interest, waiting for it to end so he can draw a conclusion.

Haneul nodded at his question and blinked a few times, she was actually nervous for his reply. "...who?" Donghyuck asked and the girl fell silent. She was about to mention Jeno's name instantly, but she noticed Jaemin's eyes and thus stopped.

"Who else? Lula? Your friends; Renjun, Yangyang, Jeno..." she replied nervously. "Me?" Jaemin suddenly voiced out. "Yes, you too." Haneul grinned and looked at her cousin.

Donghyuck stared at her face for a while, making the moment more nerve racking. "If you say so." He nodded in agreement. The girl sighed in relief but gained her composure again. "Okay, I'll tell Lula." She said.

〚 王 〛

"Alright, see you tonight."

Haneul gave her cousin a hug and waved goodbye to Jaemin before her driver picked her up. As soon as she left, the two went back sitting at the table. The atmosphere tensed out of the blue and it was emitting from the male cousin.

Jaemin tried to hold in his laughter as he was indeed amused with the whole situation. "Do you think they're dating?" Donghyuck finally asked. Jaemin broke into a playful grin, it was to his liking but he never knew Donghyuck would take it so seriously.

"There's no harm, it's finally time anyway." He replied but the other male shot him a look instead. "No!" He shrieked. "My aunt, she will never accept this— him in general." He said out of worry.

The male scoffed. "They're old enough to handle this, stop worrying grandma." He teased. "The only thing we have to worry now is Yangyang." Jaemin said but his friend wasn't understanding his statement.

"We need to keep him away from Haneul or else Jeno might get angry for the first time." He said and started chuckling himself.

〚 王 〛
🐾 simon says is coming people!
lets support this comeback fulltime
the boys needs to win again!