♕fourteen

Jeno was supposed to leave already but somehow Donghyuck convinced him to stay for a while. It had been quite a while since the two hung out and now here they were.

"—so, tomorrow night?"

Donghyuck asked and his friend was caught redhanded that he wasn't listening. Jeno didn't know what came through his mind to the point he daydreamed.

Jeno blinked, his eyes rounded, completely forgot what Donghyuck was asking. "Are you joining the game at Renjun's tomorrow night?" He sighed, his face showed how done he was talking with him.

The male replied with a simple nod. Unfortunately, his friend wasn't satisfied. He knew too well that Jeno was preoccupied with something else in his head. Usually, he'd be planning a lot if the boys were gaming together but this time he was acting strange.

However, before he could say anything, the doorbell rang. It must be none other than Jeno's ride to home. For the first time again, Donghyuck was going to be alone. He had fun when the rest came, Haneul and him should really invite them more often.

Nonetheless, he bid his friend goodbye by the doorsteps and watched his car leaving the residence. Donghyuck knew he was going to be bored for the rest of the day, thus he decided to pay his cousin a visit. He was lucky to have their houses close by.

〚 王 〛

Jeno was being his usual self; quiet. He glanced outside the window, his eyes instantly glued to a house. A familiar house, the gates were high enough to keep anyone from jumping inside. However, the gates were opened, revealing the porch of that large house.

He then caught sight of a man, he opened the front door and after him trailed a girl he knew too well. It was Haneul's house, she was getting into the car and that man, he had seen him before.

Jaehyun, he thought to himself. He remembered when he asked Haneul if they were a thing and she simply replied they were strangers. However, he found it odd that they progressed from strangers to something more in a span of weeks.

The guy must be older because he could drive. However, Jeno couldn't look for long, his car passed by the house and he stared down his phone. He didn't know why he was hoping for a call or a text from her.

Were they really a thing? Why wouldn't Haneul tell him? Why would she? You're not someone important. The thoughts were bothering him and soon enough he found himself thinking about it too much. He sighed.

Slowly, he lied on his side at the back seat. Jaemin's words were starting to make sense but he wasn't ready to tell. Plus, with a guy like Jaehyun he was nothing but a mere boy.

Only then, an idea popped in his head. He wasn't going to lose so easily. He had lots of cards he hadn't pull out yet. Maybe, he stood a chance. If Haneul and Jaehyun were a thing, Donghyuck must've said something, at least.

JENO:
are you free tonight?

He texted, and he felt nervous. It was a risky question. The fact that she was with Jaehyun at the moment, he had higher chances of being rejected.

HANEUL:
yes, why?

Her reply instantly made him jump up from his lying position. He was sure it startled his driver, but he was too excited to bother. Jeno found himself grinning like an idiot over a victory in a competition he imagined.