Chapter Six:

Part One: Vegas

Chapter Six:

It's Mel's bachelorette party tonight. I don't want to go, instead I want to do nothing but lie in bed with Sesshoumaru.

"Kagome! Ka-go-me! Are you awake yet?! Jesus it's almost noon! Come on sleepy head! Alright I'm coming in!" She pounds obnoxiously on our adjoining door, throwing it open when I don't answer. Rookie mistake leaving the door unlocked. I have only myself to blame.

"I'm asleep. What do you want?" I lift my head from the pillow slowly and feel Sesshoumaru tighten his grip around me.

"Ooh. I didn't know he slept over. Sorry about that Kags." She winks and closes the door. Oh god I'm never living this down.

I bury my face in the pillow, breathing in and out calmly.

"I want to go home."

xxx

I get ready and leave Sesshoumaru so he can go home and pack. Mel drags me everywhere you can imagine along with the rest of the bridesmaids.

"I'm getting married tomorrow can you believe it? Me! Tomorrow!" She'd squeal every once in a while, and everyone would laugh and smile, all I want to do is go home.

We ordered drinks at noon. As we laughed and walked, as we got our nails done, as we were at the spa, as Mel bragged all day, I just wanted to go home.

"Come on Kags! We need to get ready for tonight!" oh dear. Tonight.

"What are we going to do tonight?" I hesitate when I ask this. She looks at me and smirks.

"Anything and everything we can!"

xxx

Mel throws me in one of her club dresses and pins my hair back.

The dress she has chosen for me is so constricting I feel like I'm going to suffocate. Sitting patiently she tugs and pulls at my hair trying to pin it in some sort of elaborate hair style. Once she deems me acceptable she lets out an approving sound.

"See, look how beautiful you are now!" She exclaims. All I see is myself staring out of a mask. I smile, as everyone arrives. I'm paraded out the door wearing a stupid sash as we head to the stupid club, with the stupid people I don't want to be with.

"Oh Kags! Did you see the way he looked at us?!" Mel squeals as I remain the outsider.

I see him, he's looking at us like an animal hunting its prey. The lion approaches.

"Hey there, my name's Jamal." It's just Mel and I, the other girls have gone ahead to frolic and take pictures of themselves in their club attire.

"My name's Melanie, this is Kagome." She's smiling. Men are a game to her. She wants to see each one fall before her, so she can collect them and turn them down, one by one.

"So where are you lovely ladies headed?" He looks at me, I look away. His gaze makes me sick and I don't want to be here anymore.

Out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of silver, my heart races, and it is who I think it is. A few blocks ahead of us, Sesshoumaru waits to cross the street, his eyes lock onto mine and I feel safe.

"The club." Mel takes the liberty to answer for the both of us. I keep looking at him, refusing to give up his gaze.

"Both of you?" Mel nods, smiling a coy little grin.