Epilogue

Epilogue:

I catch him smiling at me from the corner of my eye as I slide the most perfect omelette I have ever made onto his plate.

"Much better then last time" He chides lightly, I place the pan into the sink and take a seat across the table from him.

"Last time was just a disaster! But this time is better! I think my cooking has gotten a lot better since we've been home." The word slips off my tongue with such ease that I don't even really notice anything weird about calling this home.

Japan has always been my home, I just needed a little while to wander my way back to it again. I needed a few adventures to get over myself and return to where I needed to be, to where I belong.

I move my food around my plate, not completely hungry yet and I can see Sesshoumaru raise a brow.

"I feel like there's one more thing I need to do, for closure of the past." I can see the perplexed look in his eyes as his face remains immobile.

"It's the spring, that's when Inuyasha and I destroyed the jewel." His name falls from my lips with not a single feeling of guilt. I close my eyes for a moment before continuing.

"I want to hold a festival at the shrine, in honour of everyone who helped to destroy the jewel." He smiles and I feel proud.

"We can do that." Is all he says before returning to reading the paper.

"Let's make it big, I want to tell the whole story."

xxx

I choose a date and start to plan. The festival is going to last for three days, there will be lantern lighting, food and of course a puppet show to recant the tale of a brave half demon and a band of misfits.

Sesshoumaru helps me with the preparations. He calls all of the food vendors and orders too many desserts and not enough real food.

"I don't see how too many desserts is a problem" He tells me over breakfast one morning.

"We do not need twenty two ice cream stands. We need more real food. We can make do with four different ice cream stands." Shooting him a stern look I can see him chuckle.

I have banned Sesshoumaru from organizing anything to do with desserts. His only task is to make sure we have enough decorations for the whole grounds.

xxx

"I'm going to see how the puppets are coming along, would you like to come?" I ask from the door way, my coat already on. Sesshoumaru sits in the kitchen, reading once again.

"Yes, can we drop this off on the way?" He holds up a piece of paper.

"Sure? Where are we dropping it off?" I take it from his grasp while he puts on his shoes.

"There's a company who is hiring a sales representative and I would like to apply." He takes the paper back.

"It's a resume? You're applying as a sales rep? Wait what?"

"We have roots now, I would like to have a job. I am growing bored of reading. I've read everything you own."

"Do you have credentials? Do you have references? Do you even have schooling?" I'm too floored to be able to process this.

"I have everything." He holds the door open for me, motioning for me to leave the house.

"You have so many secrets..." He pats my butt as I slither through the open door.