Part Two: Chapter Eight

Part Two: Maine

Chapter Eight:

I sleep for the entire flight which, in actuality wasn't actually that long, but after losing sleep to days of drinking and counselling Mel I think I deserved the few hours of shut eye I managed to squeeze in.

For the brief moments of REM sleep I managed to get, I was lost in a dream land that only my brain would manage to come up with.

There was alarm clocks and fire drills, Black holes and strippers, champagne and a very intoxicated priestess on the arm of a great war lord. The many objects and people danced across the backs of my eyelids as the show played out.

It must have been amusing to watch, I know I talk in my sleep, it was only a matter of time before Sesshoumaru found out.

At the end of the flight he woke me cautiously, as one would wake a sleeping bear from hibernation.

"We've landed." Is all he said as I peeled my drooling, sleep stuck face from his clean pressed shirt. Wiping away what I can, I can almost feel his eyes roll.

"Hey, you were the one who let me rest against your arm, you must have seen this coming." He sighs and stands, shaking his head ever so slightly.

We make our way through the throngs of people exiting the airport, bags in tow and wait for Sesshoumaru's clothes. That's all there is in our checked bags. Literally it is five large suitcases, filled and overweight with clothing.

Who knew the great Lord of the West was a pack rat.

xxx

I can feel the neighbours eyes boring into us as the cab pulls down the street. We pull into my driveway of the modest townhouse that I call home.

"Your house is very... quaint." He had to dig for that compliment and I could tell. My house was small was the word he was looking for, and it was. I had barely any front or backyard and that is just the way that I liked it, zero maintenance.

He unloaded all the cases from the car, paid the driver and hauled them into the house.

We let Moichi out to sniff and familiarize himself with his new and unknown surroundings.

Sesshoumaru lugged all of his bags upstairs and I could almost hear his disappointment at the size of my closet. After finishing my inspection of all of my housely duties upon returning from vacation, I join in his staring at my jam packed closet.

"I told you. There's no room." He stands, quietly contemplating next to me. If I listen close enough I can hear the gears clicking in his unseen mind. Bored expression dancing across his features he stares blankly.

"We will have to get rid of some of your clothes." That is the conclusion that he has come up with. As a matter of fact he is quite confident with this conclusion.

"Uhm no... This is my house and this is my closet so like I told you when you decided to move in with me I think you need to get rid of some of your clothes Mr. Pack rat." I cross my arms over my chest to show I mean business. He simply turns to me, gold eyes gleaming and reaches into the closet, pulling down a shirt and tossing it on the floor.

"It's a white t shirt, you have four you may get rid of this one." My mouth falls agape. How dare he! This is my house and my closet!

"You are nothing but a child." A coy little smirk plays across those beautiful lips of his and my heart melts a little inside.