Chapter Nineteen

Part Five: Rome

Chapter Nineteen:

"When are you going to come home sis?" I can hear the sadness in my brother's voice. There are so many things that he has to deal with on his own because I'm not there, and it seems unfair. But I wouldn't be much help to him there anyways, even if I did go home now.

"When I'm done with my tour with the museum, that's when I'll come home. Okay?" My heart isn't in it when I tell him this, and I know that he can tell.

All he says is okay before our short goodbyes.

I call Mel a few times, her latest fixation this week apparently is her sex life.

"It was wild Kags, like you know in college when I had that crazy boyfriend? It's even better than that! We're like rabbits! I'm even thinking we should try for a baby." I can hear her smiling on the other end. This thought sends absolute terror down the base of my spine.

That is the last thing Melanie should ever want.

"But enough about me! You and Ichiro must be getting a little crazy, right?" She giggles, I cover my face in embarrassment. Sesshoumaru can undoubtedly hear this conversation.

He sits quietly in the next room, reading while listening to Mozart. Actually he's probably listening to Melanie as she goes through all the positions we should try. Only part of me listens, the other part wonders what Sesshoumaru is reading.

"...and he's a stripper so he should be pretty flexi-" stripper...the word rouses me and throws me head first back into the conversation I'm having.

"What? How did you know?" There's some trill laughter from her end.

"Oh come on now Kagome, everyone knew. You weren't very secretive about it. Plus, he has facial tattoos um hello?" I groan, rolling onto my stomach and bring my head under one arm.

Great now Melanie's family thinks I'm some sort of hussy, running off with a Las Vegas stripper. I'll never be able to look her mother in the eye ever again.

"So come on, favorite position with a stripper, I'm dying to know!" Heaving a great sigh I rub my face alive and mumble out an answer for her.

"Actually, we've done absolutely nothing. I mean we've only just rekindled a bit of a relationship. It's just nice having him..."

"I'm sorry what did you just say? You two haven't had sex? What are you ninety five with a bad hip? Don't give me those stupid excuses, I've seen that ass and it is lovely and you need to get on that like yesterday..." She berates me some more, bombarding me with all of Sesshoumaru's beautiful features and describing them to me in detail.

I didn't realize she was looking at him that much.

I hear a very small almost inaudible snort of laughter come from the other room after Mel describes his perfect calf when she saw it on the table at the strip club.

"...I swear to god Kagome, if you don't jump on that hunk of man some other girl will. Now you listen to me, you get on that and you get on that now." She tries to sound stern, but Melanie will never be stern in her life.

"Also I'm in love with Moichi and I hope you never take him away from me!" There is very tiny yipping coming from her end as she baby talks to the dog.

I tell her I would like my dog back when I come home. I also tell her that I will take her kind words into consideration, and will tell her how things turn out before saying my goodbyes ,because she's off to brunch and my dinner is getting cold.