Day One

Harry bit his bottom lip lightly as he put the finishing touches on his client's tattoo.
It was a beautiful, intricate lotus flower, and after 3 appointments, it was finally done.
Within 5 minutes, Harry had gently wiped down the area, and bandaged it up.

At the counter, Harry's best mate, and coworker, Niall waited to take the girls payment, while the rest of their  colleagues/friends, hung out in the break room.

The bell over the door rang, and was immediately followed the soft click of the door shutting.

"I'll be right with you!" Harry called out, still facing away as he cleaned his equipment.

Liam made a sound in the back of his throat and raised an eyebrow.
"Harry.." he began, looking just over the man's shoulder.

Zayn wore a look similar to Liam's.
"It's a kid." he finished.

Harry immediately set down his things and faced the newcomer.
Much to his surprise, he wasn't faced with a little kid.
No.
Instead, there was a short teenage boy, with a fluffy caramel fringe, tan skin, and big blue eyes.

The boy was wearing a black pleated skirt that ended just an inch above his knees, a marvel crop top hoodie, and black converse. A black and white checkered backpack hung over the boy's shoulder.
Harry allowed himself a moment to gaze at the boy's sinful beauty, before coming back to his senses.

The boy wasn't a little kid, but he definitely wasn't an adult either.

"I want a tattoo," the unnamed lad declared, one of his curvy hips cocked out a bit.
His voice was soft and smooth.
Harry cleared his throat to steady his voice before speaking, then picked up his things to finish cleaning them.
"Sorry kid.." he replied, doing his best to sound nonchalant.
"We don't do minors."

The lad huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.
"I can pay!" he replied indignantly, as if that would solve the problem.

Zayn rolled his eyes, ever the confrontational one.
"Kid, go home! You need parent permission!" he called from the backroom, narrowing his eyes slightly.

Obviously he'd said something wrong.

The small lad's blue eyes turned icey, and he visibly tensed.
Without another word, he turned and walked out the door, letting it slam shut behind him.

Niall cringed, and Like slowly shook his head.
Zayn just huffed and threw up his arms.
"What did you want me to do? He had no right to get that attitude with us!" he exclaimed, though there was a hint of guilt in his eyes.

Liam sighed and rested his hand on Zayn's shoulder lightly.
"You don't know him Zayn.. He's just a kid." he murmured, voice slow and deep.

Harry was not paying attention.
He was frozen in place, staring out the front window, watching the small lad walk away with his head hanging.
The tall, curly haired man felt a strange twist in his stomach when he watched the boy.
An unfamiliar longing, and a realization that disappointed him so much, that it was surprising.

He never got the lad's name.