Chapter Twelve: Cozy Cuddles

((Can I quickly just say I love that chapter name, it's super cute.))

Tord's POV

I woke up to the quiet sound of muffled sobbing. As if someone was trying not to wake up everyone else. I checked outside. The sky was a clear, midnight blue. The stars were shining brightly. The moon wasn't quite full, so it was dark. The streets illuminated by streetlamps. I quickly checked the time, it was 03:28. Tom and I had work tomorr- today. We wouldn't be going.

Commie: Hey, sorry I know it's early, but Tom and I can't come into work today. We're doing renovations on the house, then Tom has to go to the doctor to get his amnesia checked out.

Jamie: Okay. Why is your username Commie?

Commie changed Jamie's username to O'NosyOne.

O'NosyOne: I can fire you.

Commie: Okay, Okay.

Commie changed O'NosyOne's username to Jamie

Jamie: Better. You can skip tomorrow, but not Friday. That's when everybody comes in, and I'm gonna need extra help.

Commie: Okay see ya.

Conversation Ended.

I sighed as I turned off my phone. I looked at the clock again 03:50. Dang, was I really texting for that long?! I quickly got up and listened..

Nothing.

Maybe the person crying either fell asleep, or heard me, and  decided to be quiet. I walked out into the hallway, slowly closed my door, and sat down. This may take a while. I sat there and waited. Patience. I got bored pretty quickly, but was determined to help any one of my friends that needed my help. I was a good friend, right? What if nobody actually liked me, and just puts up with me? No, Tom chooses to hang out with me over Edd and Matt. At least I've got that going for me. I quickly stopped thinking when I heard the quiet sobs. Success. I got up slowly and quietly. I crept to the noise. It quieted again, but so did I. I didn't want them to feel by themselves. I'm here for them. The noise continued all the way down to Tom's room.

I crept forward quietly. I knocked on the door softly.

"Tom? Are you okay?" I whispered.

"... Yeah.. I'm fine." He whispered. His voice was raw, as if he'd been crying. Aha. Caught him.

"..Can I come in?" I quietly asked.

"Sure."

I opened the door softly. I walked in, making sure to quiet my footsteps, and shut the door softly. I came over to Tom's bed and sat down on the edge. I looked at Tom's moonlit face. Tears were streaming down his face.

"Why were you crying? Are you okay?" I asked, full of concern. He shook his head as a 'no'.

"I'll ask later.." I said quietly, opening up my arms. He gladly gave me a hug. He sobbed quietly into my shoulder. I rubbed his back softly. Now wasn't the time for words. I hugged him tightly, he seemed grateful. 

"Are you okay..?" I  asked, softly breaking the silence. He nodded against my shoulder. He took a shaky breath in. We sat there for what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes. I broke away from the hug and looked at his face, Illuminated by the moon's light. Tear tracks were dried on his cheeks, and his hair was slightly messed up. I hugged him again.

"Isolophobia, I figured out I have that.." He whispered in my ear softly, not breaking the hug. Isolophobia.. Where have I heard that before. Phobia is fear, so Isolo... Isolation? He has the fear of being alone. He was crying because he was scared.