Chapter Twenty Five: The End.

Tord's POV

Tom and I have been dating for about a year now. I can honestly say my life has never been better. Tom and I still work at the cafe. Jamie never found a replacement, but the cafe is still going great. Jamie low-key ships us, and always says things like 'OTP' and 'I ship it!' I don't actually think he realizes we're dating, and he thinks we're annoyed by it, but we're not. That brings us to now. Tom and I are sitting together, Jamie across from us. The cafe had just closed, and we're enjoying coffee and chatting together until Tom and I eventually go home.

"Honestly, you two are couple goals." Jamie said, gazing at Tom and I with amazed eyes.

"Jamie, you do know we're dating.. Right?" I said, grabbing Tom's hand. Jamie froze.

"You're.. What?" Jamie asked in disbelief.

"Dating." Tom repeated. Jamie squealed loudly.

"Jeez, Jamie! You're like a thirteen year old girl!" I said, surprised at his sudden outbreak of screaming at frequencies only dogs should be able to hear.

---Time Skip---

Tom and I were driving home, in a peaceful silence, until Tom turned on the radio.

'How does she know, you love her?
How does she know she's yours?'

Tom looked at me with wide eyes.

"Sing with meeee." He whined, tugging on my arm. I looked at him lovingly.

"I was going to anyways." I said, chuckling at Tom's cuteness.

'How does she know that you love her?
How do you show her you love her?
How does she know that you really, really, truly love her?'

We sang together, in what I wish I could say harmony, but no. It was like dying squirrels. We didn't care, and kept singing. 

'How does she know that you love her?
How do you show her you love her?
How does she know that you really, really, truly love her?
It's not enough to take the one you love for granted
You must remind her, or she'll be inclined to say
"How do I know he loves me?"
"How do I know he's mine?"
Well does he leave a little note to tell you, you are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is gray?
He'll find a new way to show you, a little bit every day!
That's how you know!
That's how you know, he's your love.'

We burst out into laughing, and couldn't continue singing. The song eventually passed, and we eventually stopped laughing.

"Y'know, Tom? You're the very best thing that happened to me. I don't know how I managed to survive without you." I said, in full honesty, and glancing to the side at Tom.

"Tord, I feel the exact same way. I love you more than I love myself." Tom said, his face slightly flushed. I smiled at him sweetly, and then turned my attention back to the road. We turned back to silence, and drove the rest of the way home.

Tom's POV

Tord and I were going on a date later tonight, to watch a film. I grabbed my blue hoodie, and checkered vans, my usual outfit, and walked into the living room awaiting my boyfriend. Suddenly I remembered the gifts I was going to give Tord a year ago when I confessed. I quickly headed outside, and checked the spot I hid them in. The toy, and flowers were still there. Although the flowers were very dead. I brought both of the gifts inside, and Tord walked down the stairs.

"Hey, Tom, you ready to g- what are those?" He said, cutting himself off. I laughed a little bit, and presented the dead flowers, and cat plush to him.

"I was going to give this to you last year when I confessed my undying love to you." I said dramatically. He laughed at the sight of the poor flowers, and accepted the cat.

"I thank thee kindly, but I think the flowers might be a lost cause.." He said taking the flowers, and gently putting them into an empty vase. He made his way to the door, and held out his arm for me. I grabbed his arm, while muttering 'wow, how romantic' under my breath. 

Eventually we made it to the cinema, and took our seats near the back. Just when the movie was about to start, somebody extremely tall sat directly in front of me. I'm not the tallest person in the world, but dang, they were tall. I leaned over to Tord and whispered very quietly:

"switch me seats" He looked at me, confused, until he saw the person in front of me. He shook his head 'no', and held up one finger as a 'one minute' and quickly exited. The film was going to start, and I was getting quite anxious. Where is he? Suddenly, he came back, carrying something.

"stand up" He whispered to me quietly. I did as he said, and stood up quickly. He took out the hidden object, and set it on my seat.

He put a booster on my seat. I looked at him.

"You're the worst." I said, sitting down. At least I could see over the person in front of me..

---Time Skip---

"Well that was lame." Tord said, walking out of the cinema with me, hand-in-hand. I nodded my head.

"Kind of the worst." I said, in agreement.

We decided to take a walk around the park. It was dark, but there were street lights, casting a yellowish glow on everything. We eventually made our way to a large pond. We both stood there, admiring the lake, and the stars. I turned my head to the right, and looked at the small playground meant for the small kids. 

When I turned back around to Tord, I didn't see him at first, because he was on the ground.

On one knee.

Proposing to me.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Tom, I-I'm going to make this simple, will you marry me?" He said, nervously awaiting my answer.

I laughed nervously.

"T-This is so cheesy, but I accept." I said, hugging Tord, and pressing a kiss to his lips. We stood there for a moment in complete happiness. We eventually broke, and he put the plain silver band on my finger.

"Can't wait until we get married."

________________________________________________________________________________

This is the end! The next chapter will be the epilouge! Thanks for sticking with this story, and I hope you enjoyed it!

Word count: 1032